Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Thermal Imaging, Infrared Cameras & Energy Audits

Notices

Thermal Imaging, Infrared Cameras & Energy Audits Contains discussions about thermal imaging, infrared cameras, energy audits, and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10/2/12, 5:46 PM
New User

Please Note: James Thomas is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Flir B360 for Sale

3 years old and very well taken care of. Calibration is current and good until March 2013. $6,500 and I'll ship anywhere in US. Msg me for pics and further description.
Need a home inspection in Arkansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Arkansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 10/2/12, 6:42 PM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Flir B360 for Sale

That's about $2,000 over the going price for that imager. Good luck.
Old 10/2/12, 8:32 PM
New User

Please Note: James Thomas is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Thanks for your input though that does not help me sell it. I'm looking at listings for used B200 on Ebay for sold for $5,250. I could go that route but would prefere to sell directly to a fellow auditor without paying Ebay.
Old 10/2/12, 11:38 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldapkus1 View Post
That's about $2,000 over the going price for that imager. Good luck.
Ever notice all the Non-members come here to sell their old used overpriced EQ? They must think we are gullible and/or stoopid, or sumtin!!!
Old 10/3/12, 12:04 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Thomas View Post
Thanks for your input though that does not help me sell it. I'm looking at listings for used B200 on Ebay for sold for $5,250. I could go that route but would prefere to sell directly to a fellow auditor without paying Ebay.
Actually, that B200 was listed at $5200, but sold at a "Best Offer Price" which could be any amount. I wouldn't base the value of your camera on that listing.

Cameron Anderson
Bachelor of Architecture, U of I, Urbana IL
Illinois Licensed Inspector
www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Old 10/3/12, 12:10 AM
InterNACHI Member

Why are u selling it?

Joseph P. Hagarty
joseph.hagarty@comcast.net
Main Line Inspections, Inc.
Phone: 610-399-3675
Email: MainLineHI@comcast.net

http://pa.nachi.org/mainlinepa/about.html
http://www.householdinspector.com

National President / NACHI (2003-2004)
NACHI Education Committee Member
PA NACHI Certified Inspector # 01102902
Delaware Licensed Home Inspector # H4-071
Old 10/3/12, 1:15 AM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: ldapkus1 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
I was trying to make you aware that you are overpricing your camera. I found a B 200 for for even less:
http://boston.digboston.com/Applianc...amera/19715872
What's so special about yours?

Last edited by ldapkus1; 10/3/12 at 1:26 AM..
Old 10/3/12, 10:59 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagarty View Post
Why are u selling it?
Over the years we've realized that renting cameras is a more cost effective option for the work we do and our business model. It's a great camera but it is also nice to get the latest and greatest without the investment in purchasing.
Old 10/3/12, 11:06 PM
New User

Quote:
I was trying to make you aware that you are overpricing your camera. I found a B 200 for for even less:
Thanks. I just started listing it and its good to get feed back. Nothing special about it other than it was used on larger/fewer jobs than I would suspect it would have been if used in residential work. Also, it has been serviced and calibrated once per year ($950+ per!).
Old 10/8/12, 12:56 AM
InterNACHI Member

Please Note: bclark3 is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjonas View Post
Ever notice all the Non-members come here to sell their old used overpriced EQ? They must think we are gullible and/or stoopid, or sumtin!!!
I was thinking the same thing..
Old 10/8/12, 9:23 AM
New User

For those of you tracking prices.... camera sold at $6,500. B2B.

On a final note: Some of the comments in this thread are sad to see from a professional blog. It is a representation of not only you but your trade to those "Non members".

Good luck.
Old 10/9/12, 12:57 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to jkaylor

Quote:
Not sure why the B200 came up in this thread...comparison of some sort I guess.

The two cams are drastically different. The B360 is a 320x240 detector with better thermal sensitivity. It is also a newer model vs the B200. The T360 was in service up until the new T420/T420BX and T440/T440BX came out. The T200 has been discontinued for some time. Basically the T360 was the little brother to the T400.

Jason Kaylor
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244
jason@netzerotools.com
Old 10/9/12, 1:24 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaylor View Post
Not sure why the B200 came up in this thread...comparison of some sort I guess.

The two cams are drastically different. The B360 is a 320x240 detector with better thermal sensitivity. It is also a newer model vs the B200. The T360 was in service up until the new T420/T420BX and T440/T440BX came out. The T200 has been discontinued for some time. Basically the T360 was the little brother to the T400.

Jason Kaylor
AC Tool Supply
Net Zero Tools
877-207-1244
jason@netzerotools.com
It came up earlier in the thread. The seller is/was an energy auditor, the B200 resolution is sufficient for energy auditing and the imager is much cheaper than a B/T360. But, if I was selling imagers, I would recommend the T440 with all available lenses, software and accessories.
Need a home inspection in Arkansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Arkansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 10/9/12, 7:41 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to jkaylor

Quote:
It came up earlier in the thread. The seller is/was an energy auditor, the B200 resolution is sufficient for energy auditing and the imager is much cheaper than a B/T360. But, if I was selling imagers, I would recommend the T440 with all available lenses, software and accessories.
lol, that would be a heck of a sale. The lenses would be 5x more than the camera. There are like 12 different lenses available for that camera and that is just the ones I am aware of. FLIR has a lot more stuff than what you can find on their website or a spec sheet. Same with the software. They have software that goes way up there in price.

JJ
Old 10/10/12, 10:09 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
For those of you tracking prices.... camera sold at $6,500. B2B.

On a final note: Some of the comments in this thread are sad to see from a professional blog. It is a representation of not only you but your trade to those "Non members".

Good luck.
Sorry we treated you as a "stranger in our neighborhood" The Neighborhood Watch was just doing their job. We are more civil in the "Members Only" sections.