Infrared Certified

I have been a certified Level 2 infrared thermographer for 2 years now through Infraspection Institue. I have performed PPM inspections for several resort communities and have been performing energy surveys and energy loss evaluations in the area I live. My question is this…Am I able to use the Certified Infrared logo through InterNACHI as well, or do I need to perform the additional classes to utilize this benefit?

I read the requirements. I have been tested and have performed 64 hours of infrared training in those areas. Did you do the additional NACHI courses on top of your IR training?

Yes, I have usage permission which is as follows:

The Infrared Certified® Registered Trademarked professional designation and trademark logo are available to individuals who offer infrared inspection services and who apply for usage permission. Applying for designation and logo usage permission is simple, fast and free. There are no annual dues or hidden costs.

Current requirements (subject to change) for professional designation and logo usage:

1. You or your inspection company must own, lease or be renting an infrared camera.
  2. You must be a member in good standing of InterNACHI. Membership requirements are at: http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm
  3. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Electrical course (free), including all quizzes within, and pass its final exam.
  4. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Plumbing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  5. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Roofing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  6. You must complete InterNACHI’s online HVAC course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  7. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Structural course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  8. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Exterior Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  9. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection course (free), including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  10. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Moisture Intrusion Inspection course (free), including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  11. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Energy Audit course (free), including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  12. You must take at least 16 hours (two days) of Continuing Education devoted to infrared cameras/thermal imagery or building science in addition to the online courses required for InterNACHI membership and the courses listed above.
  13. You must sign and return the application/affidavit (below) to InterNACHI.

Thanks for your response.