Pricing for commercial flat roofs

I’m just curious how you all price out your commercial flat roof IR inspections.

Hourly or by the square foot?

I had a request (yesterday) for an IR scan of a 100,000 square foot roof.

4 to 12 cents/sq ft is my range.

Probably 5 or 6 cents/sq ft for the 100,000 sq ft size.

I do know pricing varies by market from talking to my Building Sciences IR instructor Scott Wood. Kevin is closer to you. See what he says.

Hey David,

For flat roofs up to 100,000 square feet, I charge .05 per square feet with a minimum of 2,500.00.

This is “typical” pricing ans is based on your region. There are some well established Thermography companies that charge less, just depends on what your market can bear.

I will say that for the ones I have conducted in the last year, no one has balked at my prices.

Good luck…

ps…If you do not already have a copy, you might want to purchase the Infraspection Institutes Standard for Flat Roof Inspections. This is a “must have” document for this work, regardless if you are a graduate of thier school or not.

https://secure.infraspection.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4100

Kevin

Thank you, Kevin. That helps…as I’ve only performed two flat roof IR inspections and simply charged my clients by the hour. I think $5,000.00 for a 100,000 sq. ft.roof is a bit much, but at least I get an idea what my competition (in my area) is probably charging for this type of inspection.

In regards to the Infraspection PDF file for Flat Roof Inspections…I have it now. Thanks.

Yeow! That’s a 2.3 acre roof. Find an acre rate!!

It’s actually a storage facility. They simply want to scan the roof as a peace of mind knowing that the articles inside the storage building are going to stay dry.

Call me now 972-487-5634