RAZ-IR Thermal Camera

Hi all,

I just got the RAZ-IR camera and I have my first Audit tommorow.

I will post some sample images.

This thing is neat! I hope my choice not to go with Fluke and Flir was a good one

Hi yourself good luck with your camera I would be interested in seeing the images from your camera.

Congrats…!!!

Here is a screenshot of my front door taken with the razir pro

Still trying to figure out what all the measurements and whatnot mean. I am looking forward to start my training!

I think they are having a blowout on their SX model. They were really great and personal in helping me get started…

house.jpg

Clear image well focused

Bryan - I have had the RAZ-IR for two years. It is a great device and paid for itself in a couple of months. Of course, my marketing helped a bit too…

It has a good image quality from what I can see. Whats with the windows frame on the images. Can that be removed?

Kevin

yes, still trying to figure out their software, but the frame can be adjusted. i had some issues loading the drivers but they walked me through it.

the report wizard is very easy and quick. a professional word or pdf report can be generated in about 1 minute. the voice annotaions are also included in the file as a .wav attachment.

Jay, do you have any suggestions for marketing?

thanks!
(also, how do i become a "nachi certified inspector? what are the steps?)

Bryan,

The pix you posted is the same one that is on Vipers website(http://vipertechonline.stores.yahoo.net/ramithsokit.html). Are you affiliated with viper or did you post the wrong photo

Tell us a little more about who you are?

Same images you posted are HERE too:(

WOW! Nice catch Mike and Don!! :shock:

I was wondering if this was legit as he says first audit tomorrow and “can’t wait to start training”

</IMG></IMG>

http://www.nachi.org/membership.htm

I am a home inspector in training.

what image are you talking about? that is the site where i bought the camera

[quote=Bryan Medders]
yes, still trying to figure out their software, but the frame can be adjusted. i had some issues loading the drivers but they walked me through it.

the report wizard is very easy and quick. a professional word or pdf report can be generated in about 1 minute. the voice annotaions are also included in the file as a .wav attachment.

Jay, do you have any suggestions for marketing?

thanks!
(**also, how do i become a "nachi certified inspector? what are the steps?)/**quote]

The first step is to be truthful:roll:

Here are a few thermagrams from today’s inspection (and I didn’t swipe them from Flir’s website :slight_smile: ) Flir BX 320 is the camera I am using.

IR.jpg

IR.jpg

IR_1774.jpg

By the way, these images were captured with a Delta T of less than 14 (estimated at 10-12). The better cameras can get decent images in environements that are not optimum. Most cameras can get a good image if you take the time to manipulate the indoor temperature to improve your delta T. Just some thoughts as we make comments on camera quality and image output quality.

Steve how do you like the BX-320 I am using the same camera kind of hard to see the screen outside with no reflector screen cover and the battery’s are short lived between charges but otherwise working great for me.
</IMG>

You are correct. The LCD is not optimal but I get by. The thermal resolution and sensitivity are great. The 320x240 and .08 allow me to see so much more than some other cameras and with greater clarity. And without having to work so hard to get an optimal thermal environment. I get 1.5 -2 hours out of each battery. So I get 3-4 hours per day. I also like the fact that I charge one battery when I am using another.

That was a great catch by Mike and Don!! And, Steve, I find that the gray images are easier to interpret than color, though, probably like you, I report in colors. The clients like that. Your posts are great.

As to a couple of other things, hopefully benefitting the rest of you all:

I don’t know what Bryan (real name?) means by generating a report in “one minute” or so. If so, you are a better man than me Gunga Din!! I had to play with the device and reporting software for weeks before actually getting out there with it…

As to marketing, I hit all the real estate brokers I know well and got in to speak with their agents (who all know me well…). Some of them to a breakfast-style meeting, to get you to pay for it, because it is better attended. It is worth the investment of having to pay for breakfast. I also contacted every soil and structure engineering firm in the area. They have been a great source of referrals. The “dry basement” companies DO NOT want to hear from me, and gee, I just can’t understand why.

Good evening everyone.

Funny thing this evening, on the IRTalk.com Equipment forum, a new poster has just joined the RAZ-IR thread with a very similar approach to the topic starter here. Instead of Bryan Medders, the name is Brian Metters. Coincidence?