Become a Certified Radon Tester in Texas

Although there are no state regulations for radon testing in Texas, the Texas Radiation Control Program recommends to the public hiring an NRPP-certified professional.

To become a Certified Radon Tester, take InterNACHI’s free, online “Advanced Radon Measurement Service Provide Course,” which is NRPP-approved for both initial certification training and Continuing Education.

For more details about becoming a Certified Radon Tester in Texas.

Nice. I’m glad we offer the required course online and for free.

Have high radon levels been found in the Houston area or even further south? I have only heard of this being in the DFW area or northern part of the state.

Texas Department of State Health Services

:frowning:

false info on dfw

personally set & tested numerous properties across the metroplex w/p&b, bois d’arc post & slab foundations w/these kits that are no longer available
all results were below actionable levels 0.5 outdoor 1.5 indoor being the highest

don’t know which lab houston used
up here the state/epa approved lab was
alpha energy labs
2501 mayers rd ste. 100
carrollton, tx 75006

give 'em or the folks @ my link a call and see if they did houston or who did & what the results were

offering as ancillary service around here is a waste of my time for peanuts & clients funds…imo

those that want testing i send to Manny’s link

You may want to check out the radon map at http://www.epa.gov/radon/states/texas.html