Inspection or not?

The mail below has been sent to a few inspectors. I was forwarded this mail from an inspector in Houston and Garland over the last 2 days. (See also the very end of this post)

Hello,

I did a search for home and termite inspectors and I found your email address. These internet searches are definitely far from perfect so if this is not the type of business or area you’re in, I apologize and please disregard this email.

I have a house in Houston under contract that I need inspected as soon as possible. It’s a 2-story, 4BR, 3FB, 2HB, 2-car garage, 3716 SF house built in 2006. There’s an in ground pool and there is a sprinkler system. I would like a structural inspection. I’m in my 10 day options period so it is a bit of a rush in that I need the report by Tuesday, 6/21/11.

About the inspection, can you tell me what exactly is inspected? I need a very thorough inspection. Do you cover: the home’s heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing, interiors, exteriors, garages, baths, roofing, kitchens, drainage, insects, insulation, ventilation, exterior walls, parapets, soffits, fascia, trim, chimney, foundation, and slab?

Do you climb into the attic and on the roof to assess the insulation, ventilation, framing, roof surface, flashing, penetrations, drainage, overhangs, gutters and downspouts. In the kitchen inspection, does it include cabinets, counters, sinks, faucets, garbage disposal and other built-in appliances?

Do you take digital pictures that I can have copies of?

How long will it take to get the report? And can I get it emailed to me, either in Word or .PDF? Can you send me a copy of a blank report that you use?

How long have you been an inspector?

Do you do this work full time?

How many years has the company you’re working for been in business under its current business name?

Are you/they registered with the BBB?

Are you licensed in Texas? Or are you a member of or certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) or an organization like it?

Do you have general liability and/or errors and omissions insurance? If so, how much?

Approximately how many inspections you’ve done?

Do you accept credit cards?

Can you get me approximate estimates on things that are wrong with the house? I’m not asking for an exact figure or going to hold you to it but a ballpark figure for items that need repair would be very helpful.

If you’re interested, please email me here, tell me how much you will charge for the inspections, approximately how long it will take, how soon you can do it and get the report to me. I will accompany you on the inspection.

Landon Rothstein
Real Estate Investor, Notary Public
4141 North Freeway Suite 310
Houston, TX 77022
713-510-7922 Office
713-400-1928 Fax to email
www.a-aprop.com - Sell your house or become a private money lender
www.landon.cieaura.com - More energy, better sleep, sinus & pain relief (neck, back, arthritis, etc.)
www.mpbtoday.com/ldr - Free groceries & gas from Sam’s & Walmart
Go Green, Recycle Congress!

Look at the forum below evidently concerning the same.

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/employment-home-inspectors-commercial-inspectors/12579-who-does-inspections-around-houston-such-splendora.html

So many red flags…

**If **I were to reply to an email like that…

$2495.00 Cash Only, due when PIA is signed, prior to the beginning of the inspection,
By appointment, booked two weeks out,
48 hours TAT for report, (No such thing as a “blank” report),
Write the hardest you’ve ever written in your entire career!

I get an email from this FruitCake about once a month…I forward them to Barry—:stuck_out_tongue:

James

Smells like another inspector checking out his competition…

I’ve gotten this email two other times. The first time was less detailed and I responded that I’m not in that area. He never replied. I have no clue what motive he has for a mass emailing like this.

Delete it

I have just looked into this and find it is total spam.

Please follow this link for proof of what I say.http://old.nabble.com/Seeking-Real-Estate-Attorney-for-Lawsuit-Against-Janis-Adams---Ed-Nowak-of-Re-Max-Associates-p21116921.html
The upshot here is that they are gathering as much personal information on you as they can get.

Hope this explains things.

I’ve been getting emails from this guy for over a year. Still haven’t figured out the reason for mass emailing people across the country pumping them for this information.

Great Info Bob Much appreciated … Roy

I have rec’d that same email twice. Put him on Blocked senders list. Seems weird to me as well.

Naaah…

This butthead has a habit of spamming inspectors with service inquiries, I don’t know how he expects to benefit from doing it. I got another from him just the other day. I think he spams other professional groups as well.

He has his domain through Godaddy. Report him as a spammer and get his domain suspended. Use this link http://supportcenter.godaddy.com/Abuse/SpamReport.aspx?ci=22420

Also, his cell phone number is (832) 724-4266. I’m sure that he would like to receive calls from all of the folks he spams. Tell him you need more information in order to respond to his questions.

Wow, this guy’s a piece of work.
:weird:

I got the job. I’ll let y’all know how it turns out. :smiley:

I got this too. I thought I was special Lol…