Slab Tek

Does anyone know how to identify this slab? A slab that is raised after the concrete is placed.

http://www.slabtek.com/

Not looking to bless or criticize it; just identify it.

Never heard of it…but very interesting…!

JC,

Brian M. had some information about this product at a phase inspection class he and Don taught with their RETS company.

It was a class I sat in about 2+ years ago, but don’t recall details.

I was pretty impressed with the concept.

I have never seen or heard of this though it is very interesting. Until someone sees one ftom start to finish -totally landscaped - identifying could be a problem hope some answers come out.

Have a friend down in my neck of the woods who has that type of slab. I didn’t believe him as it looks just like another post tension slab.
He said the way to “identify” it is by pushing a rod at the edge of the foundation, at an angle towards the center of the foundation. If the slab is elevated, the rod will go under like butter.

Looks like a standard post-tensioned slab, only raised up on jackscrews. Post-tensioned slabs have been around for quite a while, mostly in commercial applications, but never seen an application like this.

Very interesting indeed…

FEMA is raising about 8 slab-on-grade homes down here in League City 6 to 8 feet in the air to get homes out of the floodway.

They break out the interior concrete floors and leave the grade beams, jack it all up with numerous hydralic jacks at the same time and support them with CMU piers.

Come back after fill is added and pour the floors.

These are visibly raised.

I’m waiting to see how they plan on doing the driveways. These homes are on typical subdivision lots.

With tax money anything is possible.

I’m curious about it, seems like a good solution