TREC's Inspector Advisory Council approves changes to OUR report

Friday 10-11-13
The TREC Inspector Advisory Council met. Among several rules approved was one to place a large font, underlined and bolded notice that what the inspector puts on the report was not the opinion of trec.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE SECTION “ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE INSPECTOR” IS NOT REQUIRED BY THE COMMISSION AND MAY CONTAIN CONTRACTUAL TERMS BETWEEN THE INSPECTOR AND YOU, AS THE CLIENT. THE COMMISSION DOES NOT GOVERN CONTRACTUAL TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE EFFECT OF ANY CONTRACTUAL TERM CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION OR ANY ATTACHMENTS, CONSULT AN ATTORNEY BEFORE SIGNING.

Keep in mind that this is right below a form mandate statement of
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY INSPECTOR

Its kinda like saying New York New York…kinda

I didn’t hear the underline part at the meeting (which would be extreme overkill).

Anyway, no one can add this in the form until TREC approves it at some future date.

I would assume a reasonably intelligent person would know what’s in the report is not the opinion of TREC but of the inspector they hired. If not then, I’ll refer them to you. I want clients who have a little more snap than that.

New York? Don’t they make picante sauce there?

I believe is it is acceptable to add the wording to the current form if desired. You can add anything you desire under “Additional Information Provided by the Inspector” therefore you can add the proposed wording. You cannot add it above “Additional Information Provided by the Inspector”

I did not hear underline either.