Another roof truss attachment question

What do you call this?

Looks like a single wrap to me!

Who are you testing??

Sgl wrap

curious about wall attachment…

Attached to the wall top plate of the wall framing, or embedded in the bond beam, with less than a ½" gap from the
blocking or truss/rafter and blocked no more than 1.5” of the truss/rafter, and free of visible severe corrosion.

As most have figured out, this is a wood frame home. The wrap, I am sure is attached to the top plate somewhere, but, the picture doesn’t show where. I would wonder what a re-inspector would say?

Would they knock it down to a toe nail because the attachment point to the top plate wasn’t visible?

Besides, since I had to crawl all the way to the edge, move insulation, after being in a mold filled house for 3 hours, to get the picture, I thought I would post it!:smiley:

So were would this leave someone doing retrofits without removing roof ?

I followed SIMPSONS STRONGTIE guide (Truss to side of masonry wall )

Eric, you are getting too old to crawl to the end. I can so you an easier way

It is how I stay in shape and punishment for when I don’t make it to the gym!:mrgreen:

I have the extend a pole and could have used that, but, there was about a foot of insulation at the ends and this was one of the few I could get to as the home had vaulted ceilings and not much attic space.

Preston, I’m getting old too…show me the easier way!..lol.

Lol. No problem bert.

Hire someone to crawl into the attics for you!
I am sure there are plenty down your way who would do it for $10.00.!:wink:

LOL…I know but I just hate having to sub anything out!

If I were to be concerned about what re-inspectors would say I doubt I would do any wind mits.

I wouldn’t say “concerned” is the right word. I would say, in some instances, do I have enough evidence to back up what I am putting down on the form?

Everyone agrees it is a single wrap, but, the attachment point wasn’t visible so there could be a different interpretation, which is why I made the post.

Now, as one of the non-members termed it, what would a “hired-gun” say?:cool:

It meets the definition of a single wrap. It is a twist strap on a frame wall.