CE inspector requirements breakdown

can anyone help with the break down of CE credits
which apply to each category
The continuing education must include: 2 hours in building systems; 6 hours in general; 2 hours in hurricane mitigation; 2 hours in inspection methods; 1 hour in reporting; and 1 hour in professional practice

Professional home inspectors are required to complete 14 hours of continuing education
credits for renewal. The continuing education must include:
(a) A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding building systems,
(b) A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding inspection methods,
© A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding reporting,
(d) A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding professional practice
(standards of practice),
(e) A minimum of six (6) hours of general instruction in home inspection techniques,
which may include department approved continuing education courses approved
by the Construction Industry License Board, the Board of Professional
Engineering, the Board of Architecture and Interior Design, the Building Code
Administrators and Inspectors Board, or the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing
Board.
(f) A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding hurricane mitigation training,
which shall include training on completion of the Uniform Mitigation Verification
Form and instruction regarding:

1. Roof deck attachment;
  2. Secondary roof water barrier;
  3. Roof covering, gable end bracing;
  4. Reinforce roof-to-wall connection;
  5. Opening protection;
  6. Exterior doors; or
  7. Other hurricane mitigation methods.

So… Does anyone have a list of the NACHI courses which will fulfill the requirments? At this point I’m confuesd as to which courses meet the standards.

Will the NACHI Wind Course meet the 2 hour requirement?

FL NACHI members are not confused.

Save yourself time and money join today.

http://flnachi.org/membership.html

Richard Hyland
FL NACHI

As of today, the only required continuing education requirement is two hours of mitigation required by Florida Statutes. We still have 14 hours of requirements. But the 12 hours remaining has not been determined yet.

Various CE hours have been put out as required were only proposed requirements. There were several different versions of the proposed Home Inspector rules that contained the continuing education requirements.

Some of the proposed hours that were shown on DBPR website Home Inspector page were removed months ago.

The Home Inspector Rules were published for the first time on 1/10/2013.

The Home Inspector Rules can be found at
https://flrules.org/
Go to Search for Notices and put in 61-30

In the Continuing Education section you will see that the requirements are different again from the requirements that were put on the different versions of the rules before they were published.

We will have to wait until the Home Inspector Rules are finalized before we know what the continuing education requirements are.

Thanks.

Except that my list comes from the law.

I to would appreciate that type of info.
super specific so I could go to our ed page and instantaneously get it done.

If you go to myfloridalicense.com and review your license you will see what is currently required, a list of what credits you have and what short falls there are.

Ok, so I just did as I said above and this is the listed requirements:
Building systems 2hrs
HI general 6hrs
Hurricane mitigation 2hrs
Inspection methods 2hrs
Proffetional practice 1hrs
Reporting 1hrs

You’ll see the list is the same as what John provided.

As to which inteNACHI courses count for what you can go to the same website and look up each of the ones your thinking of taking to find out how many credit they would be worth. I don’t know if Ben has the Florida credit listed on thiis site yet for each approved class.

Next to every Nachi class it lists what state has approved it, including Florida

The ONLY way to confirm is to check the state website for the credit hours the provider has submitted with the course application. If the provider has not submitted the correct hours per discipline you will not get the correct credits per discipline.
**I know, clear as mud. **

Does nachi submit the courses to the state when we take them?

The continuing education classes that were put out as required, even the classes shown on review your license, at myfloridalicense.com as required were only proposed requirements.

I spoke to a person at Education and Testing where continuing education is updated and he was aware the newest proposed continuing education requirements are different from what was put out earlier.

Home Inspector continuing education requirements have to be done by rule making. Since we don’t have any finalized Home Inspector rules, we can’t have specific continuing education requirements other than the two hours mitigation required by Florida Statutes.

The most current proposed continuing education requirements can be found at
https://flrules.org/
Go to Search for Notices and put in 61-30

In the Continuing Education section you will see that the requirements are different again from the requirements that were put on the different versions of the rules before they were published.

We will have to wait until the Home Inspector Rules are finalized before we know what the specific continuing education requirements are.

I spoke to Mr. Morrison today about 12:30. He was aware of the continuing education situation and that the proposed requirements had changed.

He said for the next cycle of continuing education requirements all you had to do was go to the approved Home Inspector courses and complete 12 hours from any approved courses and the required 2 hours of mitigation training.

Hopefully this will put out on the DBPR Home Inspector website.

Richard see post 2, 9, and 10

But I don’t think it has the number of hours per discipline, does it?

The problem is what is being put out as required continuing education is not required. It was only proposed training requirements on proposed home inspector rules that was put out. Those requirements have now changed to different proposed continuing education requirements. And they may change again until the Home Inspector rules are finalized.

Around October 2012 the proposed requirements were shown on DBPR Home Inspector website as required before they were removed.

The continuing education requirements have to be done by rule making and that has not happened yet.

To me, person or persons put out the continuing education requirements as required when it should have only been shown as proposed only. I don’t know what the final requirements will be but as of today the only required specific requirement is the mitigation required by Florida Statutes.

Yes, there is a big problem with this. After talking with an Education and Testing person today he stated that he knew that the proposed continuing education requirements had changed and that there would have to be thousands of changes made. Are they going to change everything to show the latest proposed continuing education requirements as required?
I don’t think so.

Mr. Morrison had a good solution to this today. Go to the approved Home Inspector courses and complete 12 hours from any approved courses.

It is still going to be confusing on review your license at myfloridalicense.com because the information shown today is incorrect.
I don’t know what they are going to do or say to clarify things.

If you know the Florida Statutes that lists specific continuing education requirements for Home Inspectors or a Home Inspector rule about continuing education that is finalized let me know.

Yes.

All the ones I’ve taken have been posted to the State .

I believe they and posted with in 5 to 7 days after completion if I recall correctly.
Here they are.
http://www.nachi.org/florida-approved-education-provider.htm

Go to www.FLNACHI.org
The exact courses that are the easiest to take are outlined that will meet the state requirements for you