Elevation certificate

Snell Island home inspection…In St. Petersburg…

Anyone have a recommendation

Thanx in advance

Tom

The city of Phoenix inspects Elevators in my area, you may want to call the city or find out what the codes are at your location.

Isn’t that done with the survey?

It’s nothing home inspectors should get involved in.

Elevation certificates are the result of surveys performed by licensed surveyors / engineers. When I had mine done, the nearest known elevation was 1 1/2 miles away. Seems when the roads were chip-sealed numerous times over the years,they buried all the existing monuments. Now I have a known and registered elevation in the form of a spike driven into the base of the telephone pole at the front of my yard. Nothing we would be involved with as home inspectors.

Usually done with the survey Tom. Thats all usually ordered by the title folks.

Dale it is about the elevation of the land in relation to the sea level “I assume”.

Not elevators.

I know it is about flooding for sure :slight_smile:

From Fema “A community’s permit file must have an official record that shows new buildings and substantial improvements in all identified Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHAs)are properly elevated. This elevation information is needed to show compliance with the floodplain management ordinance. FEMA encourages communities to use the Elevation Certificate developed by FEMA to fulfill this requirement since it also can be used by the property owner to obtain flood insurance. Communities participating in the Community Rating System (CRS) are required to use the FEMA Elevation Certificate.

http://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program-2/elevation-certificate

Ahh…misread, we don’t do them here, the city inspects ELEVATORS…:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx Gentleman…It appears my mind is going… I hope it’s not serious.

Maybe you are just having some “ups and downs”! :smiley: