Relief valve question

This is from a fellow members 4pt inspection - I’m not going to mention any names -

Keep in mind this is a residential home inspection an this is what this HI says about the water heater. And the supplied photo is from his report.

[FONT=Verdana][size=2] Plumbing condition:
Is the plumbing system in good working order: No-see below.
Deficiencies/Leaks:
Water heater defects: pressure discharge pipe reduced in size,
pressure discharge pipe vented upward.

Now the relief valve is plumbed in 3/4 inch and runs downhill as far as I can tell. Now this guys insurance company is telling him to fix it. (But there is nothing to fix)

Just curious as to what you all think.
[/size][/FONT]

Wheew…
That does not look like my style of photo taking :slight_smile:

I don’t see any “vented upward”, but I can’t tell if that is 1/2" or 3/4" from the photo. Sounds like he needs a new 4 point done.

I’ll do it for $150 :slight_smile: Buy the way I suggest you all just start saying $150 when folks call and if they scream in horror and act they will run then tell them you will give them a break if you need the cabbage. I do not advertise 4 points but probably get 1/2 from the folks that call and almost always at $150. Many are previous clients or ar sent my way but hey I am not unhappy at that number :slight_smile: I’m just saying you all ought to feel out each customer and get what you can to make you oth happy. It has been working well for me :slight_smile:

I wish I could, but quoting a standard 4pt at $150 would mean sitting here on this MB full time. I do get almost that price for a State Farm 4pt though.

150.00 is a great price point for a 4pt in my opinion

And as a FYI it is a 3/4 inch relief valve with 3/4 inch pipe

I think you should call this guy and discuss it with him

Send in the pic from a different angle and state “fixed”.:mrgreen:

Not a bad idea to educate when errors are made.
We all learned from mistakes, hopefully.

I don’t leave the office for less than $150.

Where does it terminate?

Have the initial inspector go back and make a correction.

Hey Jared, I’m waiting for your call - was it me? ha ha
I know it wasn’t.
I don’t see a problem.
I ask for $200 on stand alone 4 Points.
Most of mine are included with a full comp inspection, though. :slight_smile:

I just booked another $150 4 point with a 70 wind Mit

I just booked A 150 wind mitigation inspection because it is in Coral Gables and I dislike the traffiic in Coral GaBles

dang today is turning out to be a pretty good day on top of all that good news I just got $30 tipyou guys will probably read about me getting run over by a bus or something later today

Marc,

I’m sorry - I didn’t forget, been super busy getting this thing started plus traveling for my full time job. I should be back next week.