Same Flat roof, further clarification

It seems to be structurally attached, although very slightly. Here is a view from underneath. It is > 10% btw, its only attached to the main house at a 6’ section and is mainly an entrance porch. I think technically should be other as per 1802, but seems kinda stupid. Feedback appreciated

IMG.jpg

IMG_9546.JPG

Man I ask you questions like that…

It does seem like they will get robbed due to 1802 and where it is connected is a small area.
I have always thought that is what should matter" how much of the area is connected" not the rest that is out there by its self. Good luck. Let us know the results so we can learn.

Those support beams appear to be attached to the face of the exterior walls…Not Stucturally Attached and Not Enclosed = Not Included.

I knew there had to be more to the story for a guru like yourself to ask.
I still say hip. I would just be prepared to argue it if need be.
Then again, we don’t get quite the amount of reinspections in our market, either.

Im going with hip.

how did you fill in the number / percentage portion and how did it look in the elevation pictures.

It seems to be structurally attached, although very slightly. Here is a view from underneath. It is > 10% btw, its only attached to the main house at a 6’ section and is mainly an entrance porch. I think technically should be other as per 1802, but seems kinda stupid. Feedback appreciated

Actually the pictures in the first thread tell the story. The breeze way roof is not structurally attached. Look back and note that the drip edge metal of the flat roof is below the drip edge metal on the main roof and the valley flashing of the main roof is above the plane of the flat roof, validating that they are not inter connected