Is there Wind Mit Forms for Non residential?

Is there Wind Mit forms for non residential and if so who can inspect them and how do you get the forms?

Yes there is a commercial form(Residence greater than three stories). Affidavit must be completed to capture mitigation features applicable to a Type II (4 to 6 story) or Type III (7 or more story) building. This affidavit is required for either residential condominium unit owners or commercial residential applicants requesting mitigation credits in such buildings.

You must be a a resident licensed General, or Building Contractor, a Licensed Building Inspector, a Registered Architect, an Engineer in the State of Florida, a Building Code Official (who is duly authorized by the State of Florida or its county’s municipalities to verify building code compliance).

Gary, give me a call if I can help. I’ll pm you my direct cell.

Thanks John. I have those Citizen forms , I was thinking more in terms of office and retail.

There is no such thing as a commercial wind mit. Just Commercial Residential

Yes there is a commercial-non residential form. It is
CIT-W01-CNR 02 12 and you can get them from the Cit’s site.
Need to check on the requirements to do these inspections, honestly, I forgot.

Ok. Here is that form attached. It is signed by the agent and applicant. There is much information on this form. Are you saying you have had agents have you complete this and sign off on it as an inspector?

https://www.citizensfla.com/shared/forms/hra-submission/CIT-W01-CNR-0212.pdf

There is MIT-BT II & III (08/2008)
Building type II & III Mitigation Verification Affadavit

I do many of these for commercial clients

Bill that is commercial residential. He is saying there is a commercial form for businesses. The form he referred to does not appear to be a form for inspectors to fill out. Only Agents & Owners.

The comercial form need to be completed by engineer only

Dennis - I don’t see where this form says an engineer can sign off. Are you talking about an independent inspection by an engineer?

P.S. how is Yolaine?

Yo is great. I didnt see the form, but have experience with the commercial opening protection forms which only acceptable from an engineer

Commercial Wind Load Designer can also certify in florida

What is the difference between a Licensed Building Inspector and a Building Code Official (who is duly authorized by the State of Florida or its county’s municipalities to verify building code compliance).

Building code official runs the entire building department and all the other inspectors report under him