Wind Mit - How do you want me to represent you?

Here are some of the choices I came up with. let me know what you think and if you have another idea please explain. Thanks a ton! I want to represent you in the best manner possible!

Answer # 1 and # 2 seem the same to me, are they not?

Good idea to get opinions. I hope only those who actually live and work in Florida participate.

No they are not the same. Contractors can hire people to do them under their license.

2 or 5 looks to be correct…
[FONT=Times New Roman]
Russ,

Is Wayne Bertsch for real? We Florida Inspectors need a different person to represent the home inspectors! Looks like Wayne is working for whom ever will pay him. This is a bad joke. See the e-mail that was broadcast from Florida InterNACHI info@flnachi.org today………

This was my reply to the senators today.

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:37 PM
To: bennett.mike.web@flsenate.gov; detert.nancy.web@flsenate.gov
Subject: Non support SB704

Senators,
We request your **non support of this SB704. **
We do not wish to send qualified or unqualified employees to conduct wind mitigation OIR 1802 inspections! Only Licensed individual Home Inspectors to inspect.
We do not support, architects, contractors and building officials wishing to perform wind mitigation inspections without the proper training and licensing of that of a Home Inspector.

We support a “no conflict of interest inspection”. PERIOD. NO Contractors, Architects and/or Building officials, Without proper training and licensing.

Regards

Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:06 PM
Subject: News from Florida InterNACHI
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here ](http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=pr8evweab&v=001Fhn5qKCt4669_1yRUPxII13O13pzLNnQVbxjC0FAe2jERoSPhTyK7jyr9lN8Hro3F2XYN6bc-1HotTq7XsSN1CRKx8OEHySTSn7V3JM3ePU%3D)

You’re receiving this email because of your relationship with Florida InterNACHI. Please confirm](http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/c.jsp?llr=pr8evweab&t=1109419342663.1458.77254728.2&m=1104566971951&wl=F) your continued interest in receiving email from us. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, add info@flnachi.org to your address book today.

You may unsubscribe](http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001x-zcEZp58nQYG4BuMlRQlPHPLuC1-euT&t=0015dY2UqDXtiqOeYK74EvtYg%3D%3D&llr=pr8evweab) if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Florida InterNACHI eNewsletter

Urgent**
[RIGHT][RIGHT]**
****February 29, 2012 **[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Quick Links
www.flnachi.org](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzf59v_P2aGqnwMcIfkfr7IW8xvjzoOAF4heqLXLGoZe-QO1wUj_xyv0I9HVn5FOVHNf-kFFpW8Z75Uc6qphC25IazdnyyFRx0E=)

](http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1104566971951)

From the editor:** *** *** **
Richard Hyland
Urgent action

I need you all to ask your members to send an email tonight/tomorrow morning asking their Senators to support the “Home Inspectors” amendment to SB 704.

The amendment provides for licensed home inspectors to send qualified employees to conduct wind mitigation OIR 1802 inspections. Please support Sen. Mike Bennett’s amendment to SB 704 allowing qualified employees of licensed home inspectors, architects and building officials to perform wind mitigation inspections.
The amendment is sponsored by Senator Mike Bennett to his own bill SB 704 related to Building Construction and Inspections. The amendment is being opposed by the insurance companies, OIR and wind certification entities.

To identify their state Senator, please follow the link:
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzchd8UOCHXJlIp9fmeqM_was4212ucuANUTmW1Q4yg2aYbAenK52lTmkpUDGaXJaNgSdYWQPXPoLrsHkGxXOReMxg_0UNJVXPPV_lQbmLmgyvPQuEsq-mcPHAAvcQwyut3PSb5NWw736w](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzchd8UOCHXJlIp9fmeqM_was4212ucuANUTmW1Q4yg2aYbAenK52lTmkpUDGaXJaNgSdYWQPXPoLrsHkGxXOReMxg_0UNJVXPPV_lQbmLmgyvPQuEsq-mcPHAAvcQwyut3PSb5NWw736w)==

Thank you to those who have given.

** Up to the minute from Wayne 1-20-12**
Was shared this morning that Landscape Architects will make a move to have themselves exempt for home inspection and mold licensing - not sure if it is from actual licensing or a grandfathering like general contractors and building officials. I really didn’t get much into it with the folks sharing the information.
I still await some discussion on continuing representing the Council as well as the fundraising for the fee.

House Business & Consumer Affairs Subcommittee will also be releasing their Deregulation and Streamlining package late this afternoon. The last conversation I had with the Chairman was that it would not include home inspectors, but said that would be finalized when the package is released for Tuesday mornings meeting.
Was shared this morning that Landscape Architects will make a move to have themselves exempt for home inspection and mold licensing - not sure if it is from actual licensing or a grandfathering like general contractors and building officials. I really didn’t get much into it with the folks sharing the information.
House Business & Consumer Affairs Subcommittee will also be releasing their Deregulation and Streamlining package late this afternoon. The last conversation I had with the Chairman was that it would not include home inspectors, but said that would be finalized when the package is released for Tuesday mornings meeting.
I still await some discussion on continuing representing the Council as well as the fundraising for the fee.

Donate today](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzfGCM4hCFp0L6MKIlHXsouoNKbnZxd2jtu3GWN4N_e6FNzRfxM_6LRkM0teWR5-XzDCoHAcXmmBVgNlbTGHsRdkk-ThfpjgnTiiRhcjcsiXcGv8V1RbgYnFFCHbOzGfb6M=) (Florida NACHI)
By mail:
FL NACHI
P.O. Box 6829
Seffner, FL 33583-6829

Meet Wayne Bertschour lobbyist
"Here is a brief history of my involvement in the licensing of Home Inspectors. I was employed as Political Director and a lobbyist for the Florida Home Builders Association from 1996-2007. Beginning in 2001 I lobbied on behalf of the homebuilders to support the licensing of home inspectors. During that time, I came to meet Larry Cerro, Claude McGavic and Bob Farr. Finally in 2007, the coalition of interests (Home Inspection groups, Home Builders, Realtors, Mold companies, Indoor Air Quality, Mobile Home Manufactures, Roofing, Trial Lawyers, to name a few) were successful in passing legislation to license Home Inspectors and Mold Services.

After the Session of 2007, I left the homebuilders to start my own lobbying practice. For the 2008 Session, I was paid by collection initiated by NAHI-FL and FABI to protect the statute from any unwanted changes, but to also push some amendments to clean up the licensing act and disciplinary proceedings.

In 2009, FABI took the lead in paying my contract, this time collecting from NAHI-FL and ASHI. I pushed for and fought against changes to the grandfather clause and to include home inspectors as signatures for the OIR 1802 Form - that year both pieces of legislation, that our language was contained in, failed to pass by the last day of Session. I began meeting with DBPR leadership and staff to provide input on the Standards of Practice and Rules.

In 2010, FABI again took the lead in paying my contract with contributions from NAHI-FL and ASHI. That Session we amended the statute to clean-up discrepancies, grandfathering, fought against the dual licensing provision and had home inspectors included as signatures for the OIR 1802 Form. The summer of 2010 is when the organizations decided to organize as a Council purely for governmental affairs and purposes.

This past Session was the first time that the Council stood on its own before the legislature. Most legislators didn’t know the difference; in fact, most had no clue that there were so many different organizations representing Home Inspectors. Many appreciated that the Council was coming as one group with one identity.

During the 2011 Session, the Council actively lobbied against the abolishment of the licensing program that was just beginning. We staved off a permanent exemption for general contractors and building officials who wanted to obtain a home inspector license. Now they have until July 1, 2011 to be grandfathered; afterwards, all will have to meet the licensing requirement as outlined in 468.83. We had removed from the licensing statute the provision that allowed for a licensed GC/Home Inspector to do inspections and then the repairs. Lastly, for wind mitigation education and training requirements needed to become a signature, for the OIR 1802 Form; we identified the Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB) as the approving entity.

The following is a list of the current Directors and Alternates of the Florida Inspectors Council (FIC), formerly Florida Home Inspectors Council (FHIC):

Wayne Bertsch, President/Executive Director
Mark Cramer, Director, ASHI
Steve Taylor, Alternate Director, ASHI
Bob Farr, Director, FABI
Claude McGavic, Alternate Director, FABI
Bill Jurek, Director, NAHI-FL
Jim Nolan, Alternate Director, NAHI-FL
Richard Hyland, Director, InterNACHI
Dennis Fackler, Alternate Director, InterNACHI"

Wayne Bertsch
Executive Director
Florida Inspectors Council
101 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Florida NACHI Goal
Our goal is to keep you informed to the best of our ability of those things that are of interest and importance to you as a Florida Home Inspector. We are full-time home inspectors and sometimes there is not enough time in the day to get everything done so we ask for your patience. We will endeavor to answer you within a few days.
The creation of Florida InterNACHI as the State chapter was in direct response to the needs of the Florida inspectors, in particular, InterNACHI members.

***1802 Update *1-4 -2012 **
** **The Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (Form OIR-B1-1802) has been revised and is effective February 1, 2012. Attached is a copy of the Informational Memorandum and a copy of the revised form.

Cindy Walden
Government Analyst I
Office of Insurance Regulation
Property & Casualty Product Review
(850) 413-2616 (Phone)
(850) 922-3865 (Fax)
Cindy.Walden@floir.com

** **Informational Memorandum](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzdFCSBRo1zpRT4Ruphlfy-o_A6OE9YGgIA4CEdjbZBe3DnbUPUg1QvVCpaMii3R1HgGeYd3zsYUAoVZ3W4pkzW8ZWhXRpvuEv0KWlGTLhYngnxvKzGhupxcbrKvTq509YL2420z2pXb2wb20_ogSBRXvT_KV4-MVJ_XPySUjarZahQQw5SdSwSl7LeftUM5ZLU=)
** ****OIR-B1-1802 form (Rev. 1/12)](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzeH516cvvkI7444m61x5NzZNkOq3LY0hmzl5mLP6fJhJzR-btjwFBEJ2btL4Zl80qc_1gPMaSx5w2L5CJQWdzZu8wZXlOVMqPwUIfW1wf4qdLOzoHQHtGbFhcBqAooB63MckbGcUs_Q20oA5foF72i37p5lQ0oqBCa8VB40R8e-4nEnCqICkOXt6ISDRnixf1I=) **

InterNACHI gadget
Microwave oven testers/leak detectors.
http://www.nachi.org/microwaveovenleakdetectors2006.htm](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzf4Jcr1tceAfLszUfL75oemDxive7W5fffK0-5T9rPVMGVOhBR4OuACX3VCb3_8at8phXMY3A8QY7-XKwRw2J9Vaq0lGGAebZU1Ipc2nzWOYwpOoDaOx31iZnwgIJG21lIg7WgInoueAZj3YvZ5zse-)

** ** Forms
Go to www.flnachi.org](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzfCzuCe_l8rB86YWyczl34uNCKBEo67kf8XCns--R9BL57MuBvekKNq49Q0G46I-Qj5HjXj1x1v0AJWms5unDs8265PdarJqawmxA7qT6EOdw==) for insurance inspection forms and more information.

It’s Free
** **The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board has approved the online Wind Mitigation Inspection course from InterNACHI.
http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-inspection-course.htm](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109419342663&s=1458&e=001_hmXlhxOGzcriO7mYjUKKcEwiYvcwL8Snpw3CQUPhWlSrGfXxLOddU6HKuqs8CFo7bcFIj0zy6QdSBqktjDZBfSKqKTZ8i_A23Xc-zgS-GeukO31Z0B35UE75M52t_e9BvhAkjp7qpckd03Dtn2Uc0SqbI9xrnaj)

[/FONT]

Russell, I was nothing less than shocked that the few who responded so far echoed my opinion on this. I hope you get a larger response in order to gain a true concensus.:shock:

Man, all I want is input. I know I was always so damn mad things were done “for me” without ever asking me. I am trying to make each and everything transparent and open for discussion and I will represent the majority whatever it may be.

For those who participate they will have a say in what happens those who sit on the sideline will just get mad and wonder what happened. I cannot force people to do something, I just want to afford them the opportunity to have a voice, be heard and to participate. It is that easy.

honestly, you are part of the reason why this thread was started

Milton as far as Wayne Bertch has been on our side. I understand your confusion and things always look one way, until you see how they will play out in the long run. I do understand that we cannot telegraph every move. But we won today. They shot the ammendment down! So now that leaves another avenue to use.

Now with that said, I think, I said THINK Florida home and insurance Inspectors chapter is the ONLY chapter to sponser two lobbyists. Here is the sad thing. We have committed to $10,000 payment. What is even worse THREE of us are on the hook for about $5,000 if we don’t raise money for the cause.

If you don’t think people have our future at heart then your wrong

The three people who are on the hook for the money are

1. John Shishilla
  2. Preston Halstead
  3. Russell Hensel

We personally guaranteed the money would get paid.

Why did we do this? If not us, then who? It all has to start somewhere with someone and well, we decided it would start with us. People are presently not supporting the profession. I guess they will sit on the fence until they see they are part of the proceedure, which is what we are trying to do.

I am brand new to this postition but will hopefully meet my peers in about 2 weeks in Orlando at the FABI meeting and then see what happens from there.

That is our story and trust me it is only a FEW trying to make a difference, just hoping that others will catch on and begin to help. We shall see…

The entire home inspection legislation was written " To protect the consumer " as they say.
This phrase is in the first paragraph of virtually all state mandated license statutes.
It was made clear from the start that each individual performing a home inspection must hold a home inspectors license. If a company has numerous inspectors, the owner and each inspector must hold a license.
This is where the statute started with good intend. Then special interests got involved and the original intent was lost by the very legislators who support "protecting the consumer " in front of every camera and microphone they can get in front of.
Remember we came within days of allowing certain trades to perform a home inspection for profit, then offer to do the repairs, …again , for a profit!
This is not intended to put down other trades but if they intent is to “protect the public” legislators must avoid situations in the law that create a situation of possible abuse.
The Wind Mit form headed in this direction but started making exceptions for special interests, and its all down hill from there.
The form said only certain license holders could sign the form.
It then said the person signing the form must be the person doing the inspection.
…oh… except for …here we go again…
One thing is for sure, in Florida no law stays the same. What ever is decided this year will be attacked by someone next year.
And if your a winner this year you will have to protect your winnings next year!

Where should the checks be sent and made out to whom?

Every word is true. We need representation, now and forever. These situations where special interests attempt to garner maket share within our industry will never go away. I will commit 50 bucks to the Inachi legislative committee’s efforts. Who do I make the check payable to and where do I send it? It ain’t much and I know it, keep in mind I have contributed to another organizations efforts in this regard as well.

I think those who care can do this much as well, pony up brothers.

Donate here:
http://fl.nachi.org/floridainsuranceinspectors/floridainsuranceinspectors913.html

or send checks to the
Fl Home and Insurance Inspector Chapter
1103 W Hibiscus Blvd Ste 311
Melbourne, Fl 32901

in the memo put legislative fund

FL Home and Insurance Inspectors Chapter is where I have been contributing.
There web site has a link to contribute a one time or monthly.

OPPS…NEVER MIND

Brian $50 is freakin AWESOME! That is money taken from your pocket to better the profession. I for one appreciate it and I am sure John and Preston do too!

I am telling you, that an honest effort is made on a daily basis to protect and build the profession. I want what you want. I see letter being written and passion one way or another which shows me that there is HUGE intelligence in the wings. That passion and intelligence needs to come forward and help us.

Thanks Ed, Brian and Milton the funds are greatly needed and appreciated.

Ed, I process your donation every month. Your support is tremendous and greatly appreciated!!!

Milton as far as Wayne Bertch has been on our side. I understand your confusion and things always look one way, until you see how they will play out in the long run. I do understand that we cannot telegraph every move. But we won today. They shot the ammendment down! So now that leaves another avenue to use.

Russell,

Forgive me, “what did we win today?” What avenue are we pursuing?

Hey Michelle,

On the FLHII site, I see donate $5 to $15 mo links. How would I donate more to the legislative fund on a monthly basis? What if I wanted to make a split donation of X to FLHII and X to legislative fund? Sorry, dumb it down for me. I looked online and at the bookstore and I can’t find Donations for Dummies.

If you want to donate more monthly (automated) I need to add a button. What amount did you have in mind? Or, you can write a check for more…but that is a pain :). Let me know and I will make it happen. :). THANK YOU!

I did my part…49 to go…