Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Local Inspection Issues > Florida Inspectors

Notices

Florida Inspectors This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6/28/14, 3:17 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Wind Mit Upsell

Many times the client is unfamiliar with the wind mit inspection.

Has anyone made a flyer to hand to client on site or to email them to help upsell the service in conjunction with a HI?

The IN article Nick wrote is good but a bit much.

Pete Campbell

pete4545@comcast.net
http://www.PortStLucieInspections.com
www.GuaranteedInspections.us

Inspecting Fort Pierce, St. Lucie Village, Lakewood Park, Vero Beach, Indian River Shores, Sebastian, Fellsmere, Fort Drum, Okeechobee, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City, Hobe Sound and Indiantown, Florida.
Need a home inspection in Oregon? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Oregon certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 6/28/14, 4:22 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Wind Mit Upsell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
Many times the client is unfamiliar with the wind mit inspection.

Has anyone made a flyer to hand to client on site or to email them to help upsell the service in conjunction with a HI?

The IN article Nick wrote is good but a bit much.
Not a flyer, but I tell them what it is and then give them a discounted price if they pay for it at the inspection.

Old 6/28/14, 7:42 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandeven View Post
Not a flyer, but I tell them what it is and then give them a discounted price if they pay for it at the inspection.
Same here, and if they don't want it I still collect the data while on-site, since they are very likely to call 3 weeks later when they get a quote on homeowners insurance. No return trip needed.

Dom.

Dominic D'Agostino
Home Pride Inspection Services, Inc.
Longwood, FL 32750
407-260-1533
Old 6/29/14, 7:57 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddagostino View Post
Same here, and if they don't want it I still collect the data while on-site, since they are very likely to call 3 weeks later when they get a quote on homeowners insurance. No return trip needed.

Dom.

Ditto. Once the insurance company gets their bite they will be calling

Old 6/30/14, 6:00 PM
InterNACHI Member

We offer a discounted price if ordered and produced with the HI. We still take the data, tell them we have it if they need it later we can deliver but at a higher price. 9 times out of 10 they take the discounted price.

PO BOX 61664
Fort Myers, FL. 33906
239-936-7579
HI-278~~~~~CB-C025051
Building Inspections since 1993
Old 7/2/14, 7:20 AM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsylvester View Post
We offer a discounted price if ordered and produced with the HI. We still take the data, tell them we have it if they need it later we can deliver but at a higher price. 9 times out of 10 they take the discounted price.
I do as you Fred...except I don't tell them I have the data and then go back out and sit in my vehicle and drink coffee for 30 minutes... (JUST KIDDING!!)

I do same as you here.

Bert

Humberto Carvajal Jr.
Florida State Property Inspections, LLC
Florida Home Inspector License# HI884
LEED® Accredited Professional
Member USGBC South Florida Chapter

Old 7/3/14, 10:14 AM
InterNACHI Member

I started talking customers into Wind Mits but then found that a number of them did not close on the home. I felt bad because I talked them into paying for something that provided no benefit.

Now, I do the work (takes about 5 minutes since I am already in the attic) for the Wind Mit and tell them what discounts they are eligible for. I take the photos and tell the customer to call me if everything goes through and they are shopping for insurance and I will do the Wind Mit at the same price as if I did it with the home inspection. I already have everything I need so I do not have to make another trip.

My customers appreciate it and I end up doing the reports on about 50% of the homes.

Robert Sole, CMI

407-637-7288

Florida license numbers HI 169 and MRSA 92

Serving the Orlando Florida area including Orange, Seminole, Northern Osceola and Southwestern Volusia Counties.

RobertSole@REMinspections.com

Check out my blog orlandohomeinspections.info/
REMinspections.com
OrlandoHomeInspector.net
OviedoHomeInspector.net
Old 7/3/14, 6:35 PM
InterNACHI Member

We don't up sell wind mits, we inform the clients what they will need to do to get insurance and possible discounts. If they pay for the wind mit at the time of the inspection it is cheaper, but we get the info either way. If they call back later for it, it is full price. If they do not buy the home we will, either not write the wind mit, or do the next one free with the home inspection.

If you have someone answer your phone, they have the time to explain the different inspections(reports) that they may need. This provides better customer service and plenty of "up selling".

Visit the InterNACHI Awards page

John Shishilla
State of Fl Home Inspector #21
Certified Residential Contractor CRC1330745
Accredited Claims Adjuster (ACA)
Mold Assessor MRSA 1544
Pres of Fl Home & Insurance Inspectors Chptr
VP of Nachi Managment

Serving all of Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Satellite Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, Indialantic and surrounding areas.

Honor Construction Inspection Service
www.honorconstruction.com

321-327-2950