how would you document this?

I’m new to this wind mitigation and practicing mits on friends houses and ended up with one that I’m confused about…

It was a low crawl and I seen three nails on the wall clips but I was having a hard time getting the picture and ended up with only two nails showing on the picture.

They had a garage door receipt from 2007 that stated 130 MPH garage door which isn’t an option listed for A, B , C, or D protection level. The label said the door met Florida’s requirements but not specific.

They had plywood for all the doors and windows so I called that a C.

I called the skylights N as they were sturdy but no documentation.

Any advice would be great

I’m new to this wind mitigation and practicing mits on friends houses and ended up with one that I’m confused about…

It was a low crawl and I seen three nails on the wall clips but I was having a hard time getting the picture and ended up with only two nails showing on the picture.

Get the picture. without it, the form will get kicked back.

They had a garage door receipt from 2007 that stated 130 MPH garage door which isn’t an option listed for A, B , C, or D protection level. The label said the door met Florida’s requirements but not specific.

Have the client call the manufacturer/installer to get all the documentation. They can also provide a new sticker if one is not present.

They had plywood for all the doors and windows so I called that a C.

I called the skylights N as they were sturdy but no documentation.

**From what I remember from Johns class, if it isn’t A or B on the form, it won’t matter anyway for the plywood.
As to the skylight, with no documentation, it doesn’t matter how “sturdy” you think they are. **

Exactly

If you can’t take a pic, it doesn’t exists. Simple…Take lots of pics… We have had odd attachments that due to one reason or another, take 3-4 pics just to cover the 3 nails and the deflection spacing. Not to mention additional pictures documenting that attachments are on every truss, etc.

But your on the road to successful wind mitigations! Most guys won’t ask these questions. Thanks you for posting. Every good question and MEANINGFUL RESPONSE BETTERS OUR PROFESSION.

Such a good comment Jay. With most of the condescending replies coming from the smart a s s, narcissistic members, it keeps the most Members from posting questions that as you note betters our profession. I think they are the ones that fear competition. I don’t know about anyone else, but I, after building new homes for 30 years, joined Nachi to further learn the reporting side of the world.
Again, good observation Jay, well said…