Wow how about this mit

I did not believe the client from the first phone call but she sure seems to have a cement as she says roof. House had cement fascia and attic access and until I went up there I did not think I would find what I found. I wish my roof was built like it. It looks like it was poured in place and had metal in it according to the mighty MT 6 so I called it reinforced. Have any of youu come across anything that looks like this. Heck I wish I could have my roof done like it if it is reinforces as it seems. The thing that sucks is that she will not get roof covering discount unless she can prove it passed an inspection and she has no idea and thinks it is original. I doubt it. Roll membrane on top of concrete from what I can tell. I think it will last forever. Let me know if you have seen similar just so I can learn. This is one for the next course. al l photos are the property of me and not to be used without my written consent. Pretty cool huh :slight_smile:

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

No doubt, that is a reinforced concrete deck…at a slope no less, and concrete truss supports. Not quite sure why you would pull out a MT6 for it though. Did you get the correct “nail spacing”…lol.

To prove reinforced :slight_smile:

Like You used to have to do on the walls

Covering all bases. I know whatever idiot at the insurance company has likely not ever seen this if I have not :slight_smile:

I see your point…the auditors do seem to be on the uneducated side of the equation, but most do realize that there is no such thing as unreinforced poured concrete structure, unless it is a sidewalk or something non-structural.

Was this really a house? The owner must have experienced a tornado in the past and decided to overkill the situation. I’ve never seen that before either, on a house anyway.

Nope it was in the Ghetto. I could not believe it. Said a Pastor owned the house before her.

It looked like the others around were the same.

Roll cap membrane on top. To bad she did not have permit info.

I told her how to check or offered to look for a fee.

It looked like it was framed with plywood and poured in place. I did not tink they did it in 1969 but apparently they did.

I wish my 60’s roof was like it :slight_smile:

Not true, older homes were unreinforced all the time.

Was that in Margate? There are several homes like that there.

There are also some all metal construction homes in Deerfield.

Just about every house in Ecuador which isn’t a dilapidated turn of the century shaq is built with poured concrete, even interior walls. I was stunned looking at them. They didn’t have termite problems either.

Must be a fairly old home then (19th century). We are talking reinforced concrete here, not reinforced “masonry”. Completely different animal.

I saw the same in Bermuda. Hardly a board to be found, even the door frames were cemented in!

2300 block of N.W. 37th Avenue Lauderdale lake.

At least you didn’t get shot!! :mrgreen:

I was packing and actually got a ticket on the way to boynton beach after that.

I handed the cop my lic and CCP and after he spoke I said I wish to inform you I have a revolver in my pocket and one under that that hat there and pointed to it. He was real quick and computerised and sent me on my way with my ticked and all in under 5 minutes. F-ing PIG. My Firefighter badge on my plate from my deceased father in law did not even help.

I hate those who make a living like that. I was in a wide open lane not zigzagging or tailgating or anything but speeding and that prick had to ruin my day. F-ck him my lawyer will shove his $280 ticket up his a s s for $90 or less.

I have decided the little revolver stays in my 5.11 tactical shorts all the time and the revolver is with me in the truck and carried when convenient. I cannot wait to get my ne crossbreed holster for the Kimber 45 :slight_smile:

By the way the 5.11 shorts are great for wind mits :slight_smile:

Mike, he was doing his job but he is the pig? I know, I know… you did nothing wrong. I appears to me he knows how to do his job, but you the GC does not know the first thing about pulling a permit. You should learn your job before you jump on someone else for theirs. Furthermore, you come on here and ask for help all the time but the first time you have something slightly interesting to post you tell everyone that they can not use it without your written permission. You are really a crossbreed, one of the worst people I have ever know, it is always about you. I can not wait until your get that job at the DMV where you belong.

I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because sometimes you seem to try to be helpful “and I am always polite and thankful” but I really dislike you as well so why don’t you just put me on your ignore list and I’ll do the same. Piss off.

I likely did not want to get slammed by a jerk like you.

I just wanted to make sure anything that might be used by a jerk like you gives me at least credit for the info.

I would hate to see in in some know it alls class and not get any credit for the contribution. I must have been on the money cause I seem to have struck a nerve. Matter of fact I would even likely give you the permission but you are always such a prick it would be hard to do. I have never refused one member anything they have ever asked of me. Can you say the same?

Seriously just shut up and ignore me and i’ll do the same.

I am tired of your big fat mouth that runs non stop spewing crap that you would never say to my face unless you had plenty of witnesses. You are lower than whale s h i t.

For the record anyone that want to use photos just contact me i’m pretty sure I would not mind if you are not a prick and I get credit.

By the way how do you know if he was doing his job or if his radar targeted the vehicle in front of me. You do not know s h i t about what happened except what I said. I have seen and heard of a great many gettin off for the exact same thing. Matter of fact in Physical therapy just the other day I heard the doctor talking to a Cop and they flat out said that they do not write up Dr. or Nurses because they never know when they will end up on their table. Yeah that is the right and proper thing to do.

I have a great many friends in law enforcement and most are decent folks. This guy was a prick kind of like you I imagine a butt suching sheep that just follows every rule as long as it suites them and can’t wait to say how great and honorable they are.

I can’t wait till someone gives you what you deserve for being an internet punk. Boy I wish it could be me but I have way too much to lose. I am sure some day you will spout off to the wrong fella and get a mouthful of fist. At least I hope so it seems guys like you do not learn till something like that happens. Then you run to the piggies a cry about being assaulted. You are what is wrong with America, you are a loudmouth internet punk that thinks he can just say what he wants to anyone over the internet because there will be no consequences. I hope I am around at least to hear about it when someone does teach you a lesson. Nothing would bring a bigger smile to my face than to hear you got a big fat shinner for spouting off to someone who has nothing to lose :slight_smile:

Reality…

You got caught, you admitted you were speeding.
You ask for more than you give
You want stuff for free
You are a GC that has never built anything you are willing to admit to.
You do not know how to do a home inspection or pull a permit.
You trash talk home inspector’s licenses but have one.
You think you are better but you trash other inspectors and the people trying
to protect your family and others from speeders.
You want to do everything your way, not the way society wants.
You refuse to work at or help change things you do not believe are right but
still complain about them.
You are getting yours

I am getting mine… It is karma… think about it.

I suggest you talk to your doctor because you do have issues you need to work through.

btw… that is being helpful, you need help

I bet high school was tough for a little girl like you huh.

I just hope I get to hear about it when you do get yours :slight_smile:

Fyi…. If entire roof is indeed reinforced concrete with structural connection into walls, there is no credit provided for roof covering in the OIR credit tables.

Thanks for sharing:) I only mark what I observe what gets discounts is not my concern.

Also, many in P.R. There was a builder that was building his spec residences like this in the Ocala area during the boom of '06!