Rubber shingle roofing

Did this house, with a rubber shingle roofing… I’m not familiar with this material, are there any special notes for it? This is a bank-owned home, so no help from owners… The valley shown looks bad, but no signs of leaks in attic… how should that be repaired?
Thanks!

The valley should be identical to an open valley on a 3 tab asphalt shingle roof

Andy, could you determine if there is any flashing under the valley shingles?

As Juan mentioned;

https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608007003696858537&pid=15.1

:slight_smile:

So for rubber shingles, do we determine age by years or miles?

It appeared to have flashing in the valley, but the shingles are spaced tightly without much space. And someone spread some kind of sealant over the shingles at various spots. I also can’t tell the age of the roof - I can’t find a building permit, so it may be original to the house - built in 1995. One good point is that I climbed every inch of the attic and found no signs of any leaks…
And Erik - years, but they are due for a rotation!

Everyone knows that a leaking roof, when not remedied in time (can seriously damage the structure of your home and possessions inside your home), may turn into a concerning issue, making roof repair one of the most dreadful projects.
Then you start thinking and wondering why does it happen all the time, especially if it’s been only five years since your last time repairing the roof. The fact is not all market available traditional roofing materials (membrane roofing, ceramic tile, metal roofing, metal shakes or shingles, asphalt/asbestos shingles etc.) guarantee the so desired long-term comfort and confidence in your roof, because very often they can require a lot of maintenance and upkeep. That’s why, if you’re looking for an alternative to the exhausting process of roof maintenance and repair, than rubber roofing shinglesis exactly what you need. Commercial roofing