Today's Daily Door Prize donated by Nick Gromicko.

1 very old U.S. Silver Dollar.

First member to reply to this post wins.

:p…:stuck_out_tongue:

Mario wins!

Email me your shipping address nick.gromicko@nachi.org

Thanks Nick!!

Good prize.

I am currently in Florida and going thru my change and found a 1940 nickel. Not that its silver but I was taken back by the age of it.

Congratulations Marcel.

Again I was napping.

Thanks Robert!!:mrgreen:

Have fun in Florida and I will see you at the convention RAY!!
</IMG>

Sorry, I meant to say Mario. Must be an old aging thingy. :wink:

Yes, see you all there at the convention. It’ll be a blast!

The Biggest and the Best-tess! :slight_smile:

I just received it in the mail. A silver dollar [1922] and a five cent piece that I didn’t expect!!!

Thanks Nick

Mario

What date is on the nickel?

Ray

The silver dollar is 1922 and the nickel is unknown however they were produced between 1913-1938.

I have a 1940 American Nickel that I got as change the other day. Its worn, obviously its been in circulation for awhile. Or was put away in someones piggy bank and cashed in or something.

Thanks for the pics.

simmer…simmer…simmer…breathe…simmer…simmer…simmer:twisted:

What are the marking on it?

The difference between $15 value and $600+.

Someone gave you a 1940 US Nickel as Change for a purchase in Canada?

Joe

No I was in Florida, and was given the nickel in a bunch of change. It stood out from the rest.

Occassionally it is possible to get American coinage mixed in with Canadian change.

Joseph

You sound surprised, at any given time I can check my change and find at least 10% of it is American. That’s how I found my aluminum it is actually steel with zinc] penny U.S.!!! I’m looking for the real deal the copper penny 1943

See post #6 Raymond was in Florida,

Good prize.

I am currently in Florida and going thru my change and found a 1940 nickel. Not that its silver but I was taken back by the age of it.

Congratulations Marcel.

At the Convention, Mario gave me a full specimen set form the Royal Canadian Mint in a leather case.

Wow. Thanks Mario!

I’d post a pic of it but Dee took my camera to England this morning.