New Rule? My Post Won't Be Visible Until A Moderator Approves It?

Weird…

I never received a message like this before on this forum.

Did they implement a new rule?

See below:
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.
Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

No poll, just a response on the exposed nail thread.

Ed

Yes they did.

You will be alright Ed. We enjoy your helpful and informative posts. Just quit with the comments about “flashing” and keep your raincoat closed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ed…How long did it take for your post to actually appear from the time you submitted it?

Apparently everyone was asleep by the time Ed got here.

Excellent question…

Perhaps a moderator should look in the queue to aprove Ed’s reply. :wink:

Great…now all we will hear is gripes and digs about moderating.

Thanks for moving this to a more appropriate forum.

What I don’t get about the new rule, is what does it prevent?

If someone were to post Spam, then other members would hit the Report Post Icon to report it to the moderators immediately.

I see this as increasing the moderating tasks more than assisting in the duties.

I know first hand, because I moderate on www.ContractorTalk.com which has over 40,000 members and www.DIYchatroom.com which has over 45,000 members and several Roofing related sites. If I had to add Moving Approved Posts to the duties, I wouldn’t have time to keep up.

I just try to offer practical real world experience commentary to assist those that run into typical situations, but have not actually done the roofing or ventilation tasks before themselves.

I don’t know how long it took to get posted. The one answer to another thread and this question both were not available for me to see, so I left the forum last night to wait for the response to this question.

See if you guys in charge can reconsider that rule please.

Or, the very least, have an option for a gratis affiliate membership, since I do not plan on opening up a Home Inspection business to compete with you guys.

Does that seem reasonable to you?

Ed