Ballasted fixture disconnects required

Section 410.130(G) requires a disconnecting means for fluorescent luminaires that utilize double-ended lamps and contain ballasts that can be serviced in place.

Many accidents while working on open neutrals on multiwire circuits is one of the reasons why we have this new rule.

See: http://www.teched353.com/documents/347volt_lighting.pdf

See: http://www.esainspection.net/movie/you_should_know.wmv

Video: http://www.esainspection.net/movie/347-movie/347.html

Yup. I’ve been using them on ballast replacements, and many new fixtures are coming with them.

In the 2005 NEC this is 410.73(G), and has a disclaimer that this rule goes into effect 1/1/08.

I’m not sure what this has to do with home inspecting though. I can’t see this being nearly within the scope of the trade.

Electrical Inspection Videos

Anything related to electrical safety is worthwhile!

Besides, a Commercial Inspector will want to be aware of this requirement when inspecting commercial properties in the future or at the present time.

Bump

For the Record:

Joe Tedesco has been expelled from InterNACHI twice, the last time for making telephone calls to a member’s employer attempting to have him fired from his job. Mr. Tedesco is unbalanced and should not be engaged in conversation on the message board.

Until such time that the moderators who are approving his posts have been replaced or have been given additional instruction to refrain from authorizing his posts, members are warned that this person identifying himself as Joe Tedesco has been known to stalk and harass NACHI members…off the message board, involving their wives and their employers…and should not be involved in converation.

Until such time that the Chairman of the Ethics Committee can arrange to have them deleted, all posts from Joe Tedesco should be ignored.

It should be noted that Mr. Bushart speaks without-any-authority as a representative for the Code of Ethics Committee or for the NACHI message board moderators.

• He is just… giving his “Personal Opinion”!

As for myself I am speaking as a duly authorized moderator who has through both e-mails and telephone conversations been in touch with our founder and the owner of NACHI!

Quote Bushart:
Until such time that the moderators who are approving his posts have been replaced or have been given additional instruction to refrain from authorizing his posts.
End Quote:

This sentence is “stacked” against the moderator {s} because it states that “we” should be given additional instructions to refrain from authorizing his posts!

Nowhere does this state that we-have-instructions to let this technical post go through!

That being said… I have just spoken to “The Powers That Be”… Nick Gromicko… Who has once again, and I repeat once again stated that this post by Joe Tedesco should be allowed.

Nick Gromicko just told me that …
*"Joe Tedesco has been in the electrical industry since he was 18 years old. When it comes to anything electrical Joe is considered an expert in his field and is brilliant. *

• His Technical Posts should be allowed to go through as they will only add to and or enhance our knowledge as home inspectors.
  • *All of us could really learn from Joe. *

Besides… Joe Tedesco was Never* Permanently** Banned from the message board."*

So the bottom line is you have;

1. The owner of NACHI saying that it is okay for Joe Tedesco to post on message board.

2. The owner of NACHI telling and authorizing a moderator {me} to let Joe Tedesco’s technical threads go through.

3. A person who is ranting and raving about “the messageboard dying because it is being moderated” desperately trying to moderate the board!
    All of you should feel free to answer any technical questions that might arise from this thread.

The high level of “Technical interaction” is what has made this message board such an important part of a Home Inspectors industry!

Many of us are proud of the fact that both members and inspectors from other associations from all over the United States come to our message board seeking the technical knowledge and expertise that is readily available on our truly unique and valuable message board.

Frank,

How many times do you have to be booted to gain “permanent” status? :roll::roll:

Ask Nick!:stuck_out_tongue:

For the Record:

Joe Tedesco has been expelled from InterNACHI twice, the last time for making telephone calls to a member’s employer attempting to have him fired from his job. Mr. Tedesco is unbalanced and should not be engaged in conversation on the message board.

Until such time that the moderators who are approving his posts have been replaced or have been given additional instruction to refrain from authorizing his posts, members are warned that this person identifying himself as Joe Tedesco has been known to stalk and harass NACHI members…off the message board, involving their wives and their employers…and should not be involved in converation.

Until such time that the Chairman of the Ethics Committee can arrange to have them deleted, all posts from Joe Tedesco should be ignored.

Maybe you should ask Joe Farsetta

Somebody did.

Tedesco’s new registration has been deleted…over the objection of Frank Carrio. There are only three people banned from posting…Cook, Wand and Tedesco.

A moderator has only two things to do. Keep all of their (the banned three) posts off the board…and let all other posts be put on the board. It’s that freakin ’ simple.

Jim,
you are not now nor have you ever been a NACHI moderator!

Yet you attempt to dictate terms and interpret the "rules and regulations for our founder Nick Gromicko and the rest of the NACHI moderators.

If you were not such a sad human being you would be laughable!

I take that back… you are laughable!:stuck_out_tongue:

No s h i t, Bozo.:smiley:

But thank you for pointing that out.

WORTH REPEATING!:stuck_out_tongue:

If you were not such a sad human being you would be laughable!

I take that back… you are laughable!:razz:

For the Record:

[FONT=Arial]It is my understanding that if Joe Tedesco does not get into any FIGHTS and keeps his posts strictly TECHNICAL that he will be allowed to post on this message board![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]In order to get him kicked off again… I am sure that Jim Bushart and some of his cronies will TAUNT Mr. Tedesco and try to SUCKER him into a fight. [/FONT]

I hope that Mr. Tedesco will see right through that trap.

• [FONT=Arial]I guess that we will all wait and see if they lower themselves to that point![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]The electrical section is a good place to learn. [/FONT] - [FONT=Arial]According to our Founder…. “Conflicting Personalities” and personal vendettas should not keep well known and well recognized Bona Fide Experts from posting. [/FONT]

Joe Farsetta said it, best…