"Infrared Thermography Inspection" video course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Infrared Thermography Inspection video course.
The goal of this course is to teach home
inspectors about infrared thermography and its applications for inspecting residential properties.
Upon successful completion of
this training video, the student will be able to:
- performing an inspection of a residential property using infrared thermography technology; and
- identify and describe common problems that may be discovered with the use of infrared thermography.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics
1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and
licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct
business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the
Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
This course has been approved by:
- building science;
- IR camera
- image interpretation;
- thermography inspections; and
- recognizing apparent
defects related to moisture, insulation, the structure, the electrical system, air
infiltration, and energy loss.
- 5 CE credit hours;
- 3 hours of online training video;
- interpretation of more than 70 infrared images of defects;
- 69-page student book (downloadable PDF);
- 60-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading;
- a printable Certificate of Completion; and
- accreditations and state approvals.
Some features which make InterNACHI's courses
superior to existing continuing education options:
- The course is free for all InterNACHI members.
- The course is written in pure XHTML code for quick
loading. The course loads fine on old computers and loads fast, even
- The course is designed using a hierarchal menu
coupled with a sequential page navigation. This provides the student
with the option to easily repeat areas of weakness.
- The course permits the student to start, stop and
restart any part of the course as often as desired.
- There are a variety of images within the course,
including diagrams, illustrations and photos.
- The illustrations can be enlarged for clearer viewing
by clicking on them.
- The text is integrated into InterNACHI's Inspector
Glossary. Rolling over blue-colored terms
provides their definition.
- The final exam uses multiple-choice questions that
reference the images.
- The course's quizzes and final exam have numerous
advantages over traditional exam systems:
- The course, quizzes and final exam incorporate
built-in intelligence which identifies and strengthens each student's
unique subject weaknesses.
- Not only is each question weighted with regard to
score, but each answer is weighted, as well as the correctness of each
answer being weighted.
- Answers to easy questions are weighted such that the
student is penalized, in terms of score, for answering incorrectly, but
rewarded modestly for answering correctly.
- Answers to difficult questions are weighted such that
the student is rewarded, in terms of score, for answering correctly,
but not penalized for answering incorrectly.
- Answers to questions regarding basic safety, or
questions every inspector should know the answer to, are weighted such
that the student is severely penalized, in terms of score, for answering
- Upon passing the final exam, the student can print
out a Certificate of Completion which is
auto-generated in their own name.
The student's (InterNACHI member's) information is
recorded on InterNACHI's servers for membership compliance verification,
and automatically logs completion into InterNACHI's online Continuing