Massachusetts Approves InterNACHI as Provider for Home Inspector CE and Licensing Training and Education.
InterNACHI is approved by Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure as a provider for both Continuing Education (CE) and Licensure Training for home inspectors in live classroom settings. For more information, visit the Massachusetts website.
To request confirmation of CE credits from InterNACHI's online courses, contact Michael Hawley, Executive Director, Michael.E.Hawley@state.ma.us (617)727-0131, http://www.mass.gov/ocabr/government/oca-agencies/dpl-lp/
After joining as a member, you'll have access to everything you need to be successful, including all of InterNACHI's online training, certifications, Continuing Education, marketing, and business services. InterNACHI has everything you need, all in one place.
InterNACHI is approved by Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure as a provider for Licensure Training for home inspectors in live classroom settings.
Application for an Associate Home Inspector License requires the inspector to provide proof of successful completion of 75-hours of Educational Training Credits. Formal coursework must include not less than:
- Six hours dedicated to the inspection of roofing (4 CE How to Perform a Roof Inspection, 2 CE General Roof Inspection, 2 CE 10 Steps to Perform a Roof Inspection);
- Six hours dedicated to the inspection of exterior cladding system(s) (4 CE Fundamentals of Inspecting the Exterior, 16 CE How to Perform Exterior Inspections);
- Six hours dedicated to the inspection of masonry system(s) (3 CE Inspecting Foundations, Walls, and Piers, 3 CE of Masonry Sections within How to Perform Exterior Inspections);
- Nine hours dedicated to the inspection of structural system(s) (4 CE Structural Issues for Home Inspectors, 3 CE How to Perform Deck Inspections, 3 CE Advanced Inspection of Crawlspaces);
- Nine hours dedicated to the inspection of electrical system(s) (4 CE Advanced Electrical Inspection Training, 4 CE How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections), 6 CE Inspecting Commercial Electrical Systems);
- Nine hours dedicated to the inspection of plumbing system(s) (8 CE Residential Plumbing Overview, 4 CE Inspecting Water Heater Tanks);
- Nine hours dedicated to the inspection of heating and air conditioning systems (12 CE Inspecting HVAC Systems, 21 CE Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors, 8 CE Inspecting HVAC Energy Efficiency);
- Six hours shall be dedicated to the 266 CMR regulations including the standards of practice;
- Six hours dedicated to report writing (8 CE Defect Recognition and Report Writing);
- Three hours dedicated to professional ethics (1 CE InterNACHI Membership Code of Ethics Course, 4 CE Customer Service and Communication for Inspectors);
- Three hours dedicated to contract law (3 CE http://www.nachi.org/inspection-legal-case-library.htm); and
- To meet the total number of hours required, the Trainee shall select, at his/her option, any three additional open Training Credits (InterNACHI's Curriculum).
Licensed Home Inspectors and Associate Home Inspectors are required, as a condition of license renewal, to complete a minimum of 12 contact hours of continuing education activities per renewal cycle. A renewal cycle consists of the 24 months prior to each renewal date. See requirements for CE.
To request confirmation of CE credits from InterNACHI's online courses, contact Paula King, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (617)727-0131, http://www.mass.gov/ocabr/government/oca-agencies/dpl-lp/
Business & Marketing (free to members):
Free, online "Home Inspection Business Course": nachi.org/become-home-inspector-business-course-101
InterNACHI's Marketing Team will design a new logo for your inspection business or re-design your existing logo, and design and customize your business cards, flyers and brochures. It's all for free. Take a look at the free design work we've done for our members (free to members). Contact the Inspector Marketing Department today.
Home Energy Report™ Software (free to members):
No infrared, no blower door, and no additional training needed. Visit nachi.org/home-energy-inspection