InterNACHI & Owens Corning's Roof Data Technician Program -- Now Expands to 14 States
Participating members will be hired by Owens Corning as neutral third-party professionals, called Roof Data Technicians, deployed to homes that have experienced certain roof events to collect roof warranty data, including shingle sample extraction.
- Each roof job should take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Each job payment will range from $100 to $140, depending on distance and difficulty.
- There's no cost to members to participate. The online training and report software are provided by InterNACHI for free. The roofing materials are provided by Lowe'sŪ for free.
"We think this is a win-win for Owens Corning Roofing and InterNACHI members," says Nick Gromicko, InterNACHI founder. He adds, "Fortune 500 companies like Owens Corning Roofing are starting to realize the power of leveraging an elite group of professionals who homeowners trust. And we negotiated with Owens Corning to pay InterNACHI members a very fair fee to do these roof projects."
For participating members the following 14 states: CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, and TN.
All of the educational events have been held. If you missed an event, you still can participate in the program by clicking here.
This pilot program will last up to six months (September 2013 to February 2014), at which time it will be evaluated and potentially expanded into a national program, which would allow the more than 10,000 InterNACHI members nationwide to participate.
The following are the starting dates for distributing roof assignments:
- 09/09/2013: Florida
- 09/16/2013: Colorado, North Carolina, Oregon
- 09/23/2013: Missouri, Kansas, Pennsylvania
- 09/30/2013: Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio
- 10/07/2013: Tennessee, New York, California