Reserved thread for ReportHost users and interested parties

Originally Posted By: jgallant
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings ReportHost users and anyone interested in becoming one!

Please use this thread for questions regarding ReportHost. Scott, ReportHost's other co-founder, and I will monitor this thread and be happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

We have a "Frequently asked questions" section of our website that may be of some help. Please visit http://www.reporthost.com/faq.asp

-Jim

Jim Gallant
Co-founder
ReportHost LLC
Poulsbo, WA
www.reporthost.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jim is a NACHI member too and offers his fellow members: http://www.reporthost.com/prPartnershipNACHI.asp

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

Cool,

I'll be first ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Is there a way to share report sections between users. Example. User 'A" has a nice Pool section that others could use. Is there a way to move that section for others use?

Next ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Is there a way to un-select a photo other than editing the concern?

Last

I have not tried this, but if you move a report to another location, web or file, will it pull the photos and summary with it. Will the photos still be on the web or at the new location. I woluld like to provide a CD to my clients with the report is what prompted this.

Now let me add that my clients and Realtors love my reports on ReportHost ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Thanks

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Jim,

Would it be possible to make the entire concerns section

available so we can just copy and paste what we need to

a specific area on the report?

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

There's not a built-in way to do this yet. We're aware of the need to do this (by section and by "groups" of concerns). We do have the ability to view all the (new) concerns from ReportHost. Click the "View new concerns available from ReportHost" link on the "Customize your report information" page. You can view all the concerns by report section and by last date modified, then pull whatever concerns you want into your own report information.

Is there a way to un-select a photo other than editing the concern?

Do you mean to disassociate a photo from a concern? If so, then the only way is to edit the concern and unselect the photo number, or to delete the photo altogether from your report.

I have not tried this, but if you move a report to another location, web or file, will it pull the photos and summary with it. Will the photos still be on the web or at the new location. I woluld like to provide a CD to my clients with the report is what prompted this.

You can do a File-Save As in your web browser and choose the "Web page complete" option while viewing a report. It'll save the report's HTML file and create a subdirectory with all the photos. You can then do whatever you want with the files (burn to a CD, copy to a floppy, etc.)

Now let me add that my clients and Realtors love my reports on ReportHost :D :D

-->Thanks Rob!!

--
-Jim Gallant
Owner, All Point Home Inspections - Poulsbo, WA www.allpointinspections.com
Co-founder, ReportHost (Web-based report writing service) www.reporthost.com

See my comments to Rob about this. It's good for Scott and I to hear both of you asking the same question.

--
-Jim Gallant

Originally Posted By: rsummers

Hey Jim I cant seem to upload any pictures to my Report This morning 2/26 is it my end or yours?

Originally Posted By: jcampbell

Finally getting the software to where I can fly through it a little easier when BOOM my cable internet goes out and I am stuck with dialup for the weekend until cable company can get out her… WOW what a huge handicap using this softwhere without high speed… doubled, if not more, my report writing time… NOT REPORT HOSTS problem… but wanted to share… dial up users beware… get HIGH SPEED!

Jeffrey S. Campbell

http://www.maineshomeinspector.com

rsummers wrote:
Hey Jim I cant seem to upload any pictures to my Report This morning 2/26 is it my end or yours?

--
-Jim Gallant

Cascading pull-down menus now provide access to almost all ReportHost options from any page. With this improved menu interface, new features can be added without concern for making the Home page (previously known as the Main menu) overly complex. Previously, links that led you to the current page were displayed near the top of each page. These have been removed since the menus allow you to navigate to most screens directly.

New concern type
A new "Serviceable" concern type and icon have been added to our concern types.

New summary page options
For automatically generated summary pages, you can now specify which types of concerns are to be included. A separate header is now provide for summary pages. Visit the new Summary page preferences page to set these options.

Better help
The Getting started page, tutorials, onscreen help, pop up help and Frequently asked questions have been revised to be more accurate, complete, helpful and printer-friendly.

Better, faster workflows
Improved workflows now allow you to advance easily from one step to the next when writing reports and avoid unecessary trips to the Home page.

Fewer graphics for faster page loading
The yellow, graphic submit buttons previously used on most forms have been replaced with standard (but still yellow) form buttons to make pages render faster.

Simplified pages
Some overloaded, complex pages have been broken out into separate pages for simplicity's sake.

Enjoy!

--
-Jim Gallant

Originally Posted By: jcampbell

Love the new changes… easier to manipulate around… I just noticed the servicable icon is not on the menu for clients to read.

Jeffrey S. Campbell

http://www.maineshomeinspector.com

jcampbell wrote:
Love the new changes... easier to manipulate around... I just noticed the servicable icon is not on the menu for clients to read.

Jeff,

The only icons that show up in the "How to read this report" section of the report are the ones assigned to concerns that you've included in your report. Currently none of our concerns use the new "Servicable" icon, but if you choose to apply it to concerns in your own report template it will show up.

You can easily try this by revising a concern in your working report and then reviewing it.

--
-Jim Gallant