Palm-Tech

Originally Posted By: jwest3
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello,

Just getting started in this particular industry and curious to see if anyone is using Palm-Tech’s Pocket Traveler Package. It looks good but without proper hands-on, who knows.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally Posted By: darthur

I’ve been using it a while. In the beginning it’s kinda tough to figure, but the real trick is to build your tech notes, library, and try not to stare at it more than you do your structure. It will take a while before your able to print on-site unless your better than me- which is possible, but when you get the hang of it it’s pretty user friendly. One more great thing is the support is great. If you ever have questions call them.

Originally Posted By: rpaul

I have been using the Palm Tech Program. I really like it and it has helped my turn around time on my reports. I do not do the onsite reports and won’t. The quality of my work is what is setting me apart from the rest of the inspectors in my area.

I have had a lot of comments from my clients and realty salespeople about how detailed my reports are and especially likes all the pictures that come with it. I usually take about 75-120 pictures and label everyone. This way my clients can see what I see. I really like the deal where I can put arrows in the picture too.

Rick

Originally Posted By: dmusielski

James…I don’t use Palm Tech, however I did check it out extensively-and messed with it for about a year. It is a nice program. It just didn’t perform some features I personally wanted. Check out all the major players before you decide. Make sure it does everything you want.

Dan Musielski
ASSURED HOME INSPECTIONS
Batavia, IL
dmusielski@msn.com

Originally Posted By: jwest3

Thanks guys for your feedback. I ended up buying Porter Valley’s Inspectvue software in March. I haven’t run across any glitches yet… hopefully all will be good.

Thanks again,

Jim