Gorilla vs Little Giant FYI

Originally Posted By: bmalouf
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Since I have a small car with a small trunk, I needed something as compact as possible. I called Tricam, the maker of Gorilla ladders and got some interesting information. There are some differences in the two brands.

The 13’ Gorilla (300#) weighs 36#. The 13’ LG (300#) is 26#. The LG is also 2 1/2" shorter and 1 1/2" narrower. LG also makes a 250# rated unit, which is lighter. Their 13’-250# unit is 25#, and the 17’ is just 30#…actually lighter than Gorilla’s 13’.

Yes, there is a big price difference, but if you need a lighter, smaller unit, it’s an option.

Also worth noting…the LG has a 4 year warranty on some models.

Now, my question is..does anyone have an opinion about using one of these "multi-function" ladders vs the Telesteps or Xtend & Climb? I need to buy something soon!

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

I purchased one of these style from Lowes. I love it. Clients love to see it open up. I have not compaired to the LG but at less than 1/3 the price I Love It icon_biggrin.gif

Rob Z.

www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rhinck

Bob,

I use the Gorilla 13' and the Xtend & Climb and I love them both. I am 240 lb. and both are very sturdy. I would highly recomend both. I'm a big boy, I can carry an extra 5 lb of ladder for 250+ dollars difference.

Just my opinion,

Rick

Thanks for your feedback. I assume you bought the 13’ unit, right? Is that the only ladder you carry with you? Is it tall enough?

Originally Posted By: chorne

How can a 13’ ladder be tall enough? Does that mean that the

climbing height is 10’±

Carla

Originally Posted By: bsmith

I have 2 Gorilla Ladders - the 13’ and the 21’. They are a little heavy but solid as a rock and (IMHO) a bargain.

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: jjackson

Just bought one from Werner from E Bay. $199.00 with free shipping. It’s a 22’ and a 300 # rating. 1/2 the cost of a Little Giant.

jj

Originally Posted By: dmusielski

I have the 21’ Cosco brand sold at Menards. Same weight at the Gorilla sold at Home Depot. Both were $199. After 1 1/2 years with it, the extra weight can be a pain icon_mad.gif ! The Light Giant does shed some weight. However, this ladder has paid for it self several times over.

Dan Musielski
ASSURED HOME INSPECTIONS
Batavia, IL 60510
(630)745-0573
dmusielski@msn.com

Thanks all for your replies. I think I’m going to go with LG. They have a lighter duty type 1 good for 250#, weighs about 30#. The 17’ is about 280. I know it's more , but the weight is a factor for me.

Thanks again