Windows XP and A La Mode Question

Originally Posted By: rgippner
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello All:

I have two problems currently with XP and A La Mode.

1. My XP log on screen shows that I have two unread mail messages. I can't find them. I'm running IE and and outlook 2004. I have searched all folders, marked all as read, searched the archive, manually marked each as read. I've checked outlook express as well. any ideas.

2. I am unable to export from A La Mode into Outlook. I can go from Outlook to A La Mode no problem. A La Mode support gave up on me and said it's my problem, not theirs. I've turned off the firewall, Eliminated the wireless router, gone to another location and even tried dial up.

If anyone has run into either and solved it any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Originally Posted By: cradan

I can’t help you…but…we’ve experienced difficulty with Outlook/A La Mode, as well. A La Mode changed something, about 2 months ago…now, I can’t send anything from Outlook as a client. We can still receive mail, but no matter what we set-up in the client control panel, MX records, etc., we still can’t send mail from Outlook. A La Mode denies that this was their doing; they indeed gave-up on us. I’m thinking about “giving-up” on them.

![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: rgippner

Christopher:

Are you running the dreaded Norton Internet Security? If so, I had the same problem. A La Mode could not figure it out. I finally did. Go to Norton Internet Security, click on the options drop down menu, choose Norton Internet security, Then click the Firewall tab, then down on the HTTP port list make sure the 80 and 110 do not appear, if they do, delete them. You'll probably find only one of them there delete it and that should fix your email send/receive problem. Let me know if this helps.

Rick

Originally Posted By: Danny Mustafich

Check your outlook express. You’ll be suprised to find messages there.

C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

Enjoy

--
Danny Mustafich
Graphic & Web Designer/Developer

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
http://www.inspectiondepot.com

Originally Posted By: aleleika

In regards to the XP question, I get that all the time. It’s as if the log in screen doesn’t refresh…if you actually Log off your session, then it will reset correctly and show no unread messages when you re-log in your session.

A. Dan Leleika

www.a-teamhomeinspections.com