THE FLORIDA VETO IS OFFICIAL

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Jay Schwartz

Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc

www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com

Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org

NACHI - Legislative Committee Member

MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Thanks Jay!

Harvey Gordon

SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President

hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jschwartz1 wrote:
I will have a copy of the VETO posted in just a few minutes!!!!

Jay,

Please email a copy of it to Jeff Hooper and his hooperettes with my regards. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

James:

Thank you for your persistent efforts to help. Hooper got the word last night and posted on the IN Board. I wanted to get it from the Governor's office myself this morning prior to confirming the action. The Senate page had not and is still not updated since 6:19 on 6-22-05.

Once I get the fax, I will post.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

James:

The FABI Convention is Friday and Saturday. A New President will be installed. From my understanding, FABI is a little upset over the membership dollars they have lost to NACHI.

That being said, I welcome the new FABI leadership into the NACHI Family and look forward to having a long professional working relationship to reach success through education.

![](upload://6evoBa9b6AbEsV7HTzOpHshanpg.jpeg)

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

jschwartz1 wrote:

The FABI Convention is Friday and Saturday. A New President will be installed. From my understanding, FABI is a little upset over the membership dollars they have lost to NACHI.

That being said, I welcome the new FABI leadership into the NACHI Family and look forward to having a long professional working relationship to reach success through education.

It would be grand, indeed, to be able to build a bridge of cooperation between FABI and NACHI, now that the end of "hooperism" is in sight. I wish you much success in that endeavor, and congratulate you, personally, on a hard won victory.

While you good NACHI folks of Florida took your knocks with a few lost battles, you hung in there and won the war. Stay vigilant, for those who wish to use legislation as a marketing tool are still committed to "rid Florida of NACHI" and will be looking for other ways. Good luck.

--

www.monachi.org

Still waiting on the fax from Tallahassee.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

“The FABI Convention is Friday and Saturday. A New President will be installed. From my understanding, FABI is a little upset over the membership dollars they have lost to NACHI.”

No. Wrong info as usual.

The meetings are Saturday and Sunday, as they have always been.

The next election is in December, as they have always been and will be noticed as required in advance.

Cannot say we have lost any dollars to NACHI. In fact we are still growing and our financial will be given to every attendee, as always.

I can not run again as we have term limits and mine have expired in December. The next President, well you will see.

FABI President

--
Jeff G. Hooper
(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

eusa_silenced.gif (be nice…be nice…) eusa_silenced.gif

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Jeff,

Please accept my appologies for not being able to personally attend, however prior commitments would not allow me to.

I look forward to the election and believe that filling your shoes will be hard, even for the next guy!

I wish you the best.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Originally Posted By: dbowers

I saw in ASHI’s Leadership Newsletter that 1 or 2 of their Chapters massed a huge email campaign to the Governor, about this bad bill. It sounded like they wanted it killed also. Good show for all.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

dbowers wrote:
I saw in ASHI's Leadership Newsletter that 1 or 2 of their Chapters massed a huge email campaign to the Governor, about this bad bill. It sounded like they wanted it killed also. Good show for all.

You heard right, I helped out here locally and we got hundreds of ASHI petitions signed too, a good example of association members from different groups working together for the common good.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

jburkeson wrote:
dbowers wrote:
I saw in ASHI's Leadership Newsletter that 1 or 2 of their Chapters massed a huge email campaign to the Governor, about this bad bill. It sounded like they wanted it killed also. Good show for all.

You heard right, I helped out here locally and we got hundreds of ASHI petitions signed too, a good example of association members from different groups working together for the common good.

Joe,

It sounds like it was a legitimate HIA, in the end, that made something happen. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

www.monachi.org