THE OFFICIAL VETO LETTER FROM GOVERNOR BUSH

Originally Posted By: gporter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Bravo

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Fishin, flirtin, fun in the sun. If you ain’t got one of those, well, tough.

Hope next time you an separate yourselves from the mold guys.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jdelgado

eusa_boohoo.gif BILL eusa_boohoo.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Perhaps Governor Bush can hire Blaine Wiley to help him write all of his vetos.

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Nick:

I would like to thank you, Blaine, Gary, John, and Joe for doing an outstanding job keeping the pressure on those that were in favor of the bill. For those of you reading this post, the original proposed bill was association biased and inspection school favorable.

Let the troth be known, I had absolutely no problem with the final HI part, the mold had to go and for that I opposed.

With that all being said, there are less than 7 months before the next legislative session. The foundation that NACHI set is strong and we will no doubt have more legislation proposed like it has been for the past 14 years. This time we will have the ball in our court.

Details to follow very soon......................

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Jay

You just opened the door (something like first blood)

Don't go too far out on a political limb with out giving us "the rest of the story"

My house rep for my district is working on an HI bill at this time.
My position is only that my emails before and after the veto with all the supporting doc and personal opinions are being addressed. I sense a common ground.

This all has happened since we spoke on the phone so you might want to hold off for a while so we do not get two bills going at the same time that are very far apart. Seems that the "non association" inspectors also have made their point with emails and phone calls. (More of them vote than us) also some large home builder corps spoke their piece. Just goes to show you how some of these things go

Granted we are only in the "talking (email)" stage but ....................

The rest is guessing on my part and there is no need to put something out that is not fact. Like trying to pin down a politician is hard. They all say they agree with you and will take care of you.

The quick bottom line -- Mold --- Grandpa -- State Testing --- No written public qualification statement -- are issues that are hot

Seems Bush opened the door for some sort of a taskforce or something

Wish I knew something other than roomers (Like what does "open the door for" mean???)

Perhaps is the time for us to all get on the same page

If any of us go too far off the current elected party lines we will lose just like the bills for the past years. (they did favored the wrong party from a vote point of view)

I had to re read his veto to begin to understand the big pix and this point

I seem real clear now -- (tell us why a high school - collage - diploma is relevant etc.)

My opinion Mold and HI are going to stay joined at the hip because this is how some of the corp interest want it. There is just not enough $$ for people to live doing mold only so they need us. Just my thoughts

Thanks for the update

I would like to see some more PUBLIC thoughts on this issue

As you say we have only a short time before vote time comes up again

Have a good week

RLB

Richard:

I promise, we will have unity amongst the NACHI crowd. The Governor has laid the framework of what He will sign.

Standards of Practice outlined.
Examination and Education defined.

This bill had too many what ifs. We have one more chance to catch his signature, if the industry wants it. I beileve other organizations like the ones you have mentioned want something accomplished. This I promise you will happen.

Tell then, lets have fun, its our turn to call the shots! Almost 1,000 Strong in FLORIDA!!

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Jay

I just re read your first post. You said that Nick and others kept the pressure on the people that were in favor of the bill. (And you thanked them - Nick says that he does not read post!!)

Was the pressure for support or veto?? Looks like that all the support caused both housed to go almost 100% for the bill.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Nick stated (which I had time to do a web site search) something to the effect that it was in the bag that it was going down. Like he had insider info. If so don't give him credit for being on the other side of the fence. Probably as just his best guess anyway.

Interesting that you were for the final bill (except for mold - what was wrong with it??) and are thanking people for helping it to come out the way it did -- vetoed -- don't understand

I know that we all are on the same page most of the time but some times we are hard to understand

Where are you on the issues of any new bill?
What do "you" want to do do to make it happen? (ACTION PLAN)
Is this just your opinion? If others who else?

If you let us know now it will help in that at least we will not say something to you that would perhaps be upsetting

In short, the sooner that we all get these insures on the table the sooner we all MIGHT get somewhat on the same page. If everyone is too far off in left field, history will the same as it has for the past many years -- no law.

It is not all what Bush wants -- he has to be given something from the houses first. The next Republican admin might be for even less government. If it is Democrat they will have to be quit conservative to get voted in so thus no law. As you said this might be the last chance to get something passed or do you think if we wait that the next admin will pass something that will hurt the industry (if so how??)

Sorry to be on you case so to speak but now is the time decide what you want and to be get on record so we don't get into the BS that we just came through.

This will be fun -- I just hope we all have the energy, time, $$, etc. to play the game

Once again you opened the door - I just walked in

Have a good week

RLB

Richard:

It may be helpful to re-read all posts regarding HB 315. The development of the legislation was long and at times positive and at time negative. The original proposals were very negative and Nick sent out to every legislator a letter containing the reasons why the proposed language, while still in committee, was bad.

The committees listened.

The next step was to shape the bill that had no association,educational provider, or exam provider biased.

The committee listened.

Over in the Senate, no one wanted to listen. SB 1830 was passed. As you recall in Florida, a bill must be the same in the house and senate before it can go to the Governor. The Senate substituted SB 1830 with HB 315.

The Senate also passed a Mold Bill. The House VETOED the Mold Bill.

Now the impasse begins. The Senate adopts the HB 315 on the condition that the House approves the mold bill.

The Bills Merge.

NACHI did not have a problem with the latest form of HB 315 until the mold was attached.

I am not saying that NACHI was the only organization that got the bill vetoed. There were many other Floridians opposed the the lumped up HB 315. I am saying that the leadership of this great association, stepped up when they had to to defend the rights of its members.

You and I are not going to accomplish much. It will be a collective group effort when the time comes. The clocking is ticking. I believe if you have more questions regarding National Leadership direction, a PM to them would be most appropriate.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Jay

I see many questions and issues here

As far as questions as to where our "Leaders" stand. Should I PM them or should I question them public.

I think public is in order.

By the way many of your above points are well taken.

I also understand that you and others thought that the HI part of the bill should have passed. Now take that EXACT bill which both houses passed -pull the mold part out if you can - address the issues that the Gov Bush listed in his veto and see if every one stays on board.

My money says you will have your law. It will not take much work to get it passed since it already did.

I would work very hard for a bill that would regulate existing HIs equal with new inspectors. The old one IMHO did not.

Looks like it is time for a new thread. This one is getting stressed

Have a good day

RLB

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I understood it to be the position of NACHI leadership that NACHI will oppose any legislation in any state that favors one association or inspector group over another. NACHI’s role, as I understood it, was and will be to level the playing field. From there, the individuals and chapters in that state can take over and do their own thing.

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

rbennett wrote:
Jay

I see many questions and issues here

As far as questions as to where our "Leaders" stand. Should I PM them or should I question them public.

I think public is in order.

By the way many of your above points are well taken.

I also understand that you and others thought that the HI part of the bill should have passed. Now take that EXACT bill which both houses passed -pull the mold part out if you can - address the issues that the Gov Bush listed in his veto and see if every one stays on board.

My money says you will have your law. It will not take much work to get it passed since it already did.

I would work very hard for a bill that would regulate existing HIs equal with new inspectors. The old one IMHO did not.

Looks like it is time for a new thread. This one is getting stressed

Have a good day

RLB

Richard,

As per your request:

In keeping with NACHI's freedom based philosophy, NACHI is generally hesitant to put out "NACHI" position statements, as we find it difficult to speak for every member. Members often have very different opinions on many issues and we wish to honor that.

With regard to legislation, NACHI only chooses sides so to speak when arguing against association bias. in fact, our position on legislation is almost entirely based on association bias (or really...opposition to it). If proposed legislation contains any association bias we fight it. Otherwise, individual members are left free to voice their opinions and take their own actions regarding local legislation that effects them directly.

Respectfully,

John B.

John

Good morning

Help out a little here

Did we have association bias here in FL or was this an individual issue?

Since HI regulation is a fact, could NACHI expand its scope to help members with these issues esp. if requested by the membership?

In short we need the resources of our association. It is very hard to get good legislation with the large resources of our completive associations being used to restrict the market.

Thank you for your response to my request (I really didn't make a clear one and thus I apologize)

Sometimes it helps to state the obvious. You did it well.

Thank you

RLB

Richard:

I believe John and James have comfirmed all of my statements.

Please go back and re-read the original threads of HB 315 and you will see the consistency of the message.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

rbennett wrote:
John

Good morning

Help out a little here

Did we have association bias here in FL or was this an individual issue?

Both...

Since HI regulation is a fact, could NACHI expand its scope to help members with these issues esp. if requested by the membership?

What do you mean by expand its scope to help members. You may need to clarify this and be more definitive for me. NACHI participated in several different ways with the proposed Florida Legislation. Of utmost importance was the participation of our members. I would list them, but know darn well that I would forget someone. Because of their relentless endeavors combined with the input of others the Governor realized the worth of this proposed bill.

In short we need the resources of our association. It is very hard to get good legislation with the large resources of our completive associations being used to restrict the market.

NACHI has historically stood behind our membership when it pertains to State Legislative matters. Our support will continue by the best possible means that NACHI deems necessary in protecting both the Public and the NACHI Membership.

Thank you for your response to my request (I really didn't make a clear one and thus I apologize)

Sometimes it helps to state the obvious. You did it well.

Thanks.

Thank you

RLB

Richard,

In addition please see http://www.nachi.org/faphi.htm

Our former ED, Nick Gromicko had a big hand in this.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Quote:

Richard,

As per your request:

In keeping with NACHI's freedom based philosophy, NACHI is generally hesitant to put out "NACHI" position statements, as we find it difficult to speak for every member. Members often have very different opinions on many issues and we wish to honor that.

With regard to legislation, NACHI only chooses sides so to speak when arguing against association bias. in fact, our position on legislation is almost entirely based on association bias (or really...opposition to it). If proposed legislation contains any association bias we fight it. Otherwise, individual members are left free to voice their opinions and take their own actions regarding local legislation that effects them directly.

Respectfully,

John B.

John

I completely misunderstood the obvious. Thanks for the information on where everyone stands. I respect the position of the 100 plus members of FAPHI. I realize that their position statement is not that of NACHI and they worked very hard to bring (in their opinion) proper regulation of the HI profession to FL.

I also understand the individual NACHI member effort to make this bill go down. I was one of them. (perhaps in some eyes for the wrong reasons)

I have reviewed many of the threads on this issue to the point of wanting to delete some of my own ineffective remarks. Glad there was nothing I wanted to watch on TV today.

As far as to be "more definitive" for you, I mis understood you in that NACHI only wanted to get involve only when the regs affected NACHI because of the varied position of our members. I was requesting more support on these issues in that NACHI HAS RESOURCES that we as individual members do not have. I am aware that NACHI participated is several ways as you have stated. Thanks in part to NACHI we can say the bill was vetoed.

Now onto new FL HI regulation. As Jay said the clock is running

Thanks for the information and an again I apologize for my lack of understanding

Have a good remaining Sunday

RLB

Richard:

We need more inspectors like yourself to keep pressing the NACHI agenda. I am glad you had a chance to reflect on the "As the world turns" in Florida politics.

As the Southeast Florida FAPHI Director, it was my job to speak to inspectors inside and outside the NACHI organization. I travelled throughout the State and spoke with many inspectors who were just flat out confused with the entire bill.

Now getting back to the business at hand.......

I look forward to working with you in the future.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: dedwards

The Florida home inspection bill was changing minute by minute. The changes and proposals were coming from all directions from numerous sources. There were numerous organizations and individuals behind the scenes involved in the minute to minute changes that were taking place. This doesn’t even count the thousands of e-mails that were sent to the various individuals involved in writing this bill. At one point the bill was not too bad and had potential but that did not last long. It was like watching someone make a milkshake with all the best ingredients that money could buy and at the very last second throwing a cat turd in the blender. At that point no one wanted to try a drink.

Jay Schwartz

MAB - Member