Nashville NACHI Chapter Meeting August 2005

Originally Posted By: dvaudrey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The Nashville NACHI Chapter is holding it’s next meeting on Saturday August 20 from 12-4 @ the lodge of Montgomery Bell State Park. Several of us are meeting at 11:25am to eat lunch at the Parks buffet. The cost of the buffet is $6.25.

Speakers include:

Butch Lewis, Assistant Commissioner of Regulatory Boards. Butch will be updating us and fielding questions on the new Licensing bill.

Barry Westbrook, CIH, CSP, PE, and President of DocAir, LLC will be speaking on a variety of topics but focusing on moisture intrusion.

Jeff Giedt, President of Window Revision, LLC

More speakers to be announced.

We are collecting $5 at the door to help cover the cost of the lodge.

To RSVP please contact Tracy Cornett @ (615) 804-2722 or advantagehi@bellsouth.net

See you there,

David Vaudrey
Nashville Chapter President

Originally Posted By: tjohn

David,

Where is Montgomery Bell State Park? Having just moved to the Nashville area I have never heard of it.

tjohn

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nashnachi.org

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dandersen

Did you find it?

It's out west of Bellview towards Dickson.
Burns, TN.

Yes, I found it.

Thanks,

tjohn

David,

Sorry that I was unable to attend meeting. Could you post what happened and what Mr. Lewis had to say about licensing bill.

tjohn

Originally Posted By: dvaudrey

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. Our special guest speaker who was scheduled to speak couldn’t make it. So instead we got a not so special speaker on the topic of licensing (me). I got briefed on the latest information the night before and fielded questions and gave the status on the licensing bill. Here is what I know.

The bill was unanimously passed April 18, 2005.

The responsibility of handling the home inspectors will be the responsibility of the Dept. of Commerce and Insurance. The commissioner is Paula Flowers. Commissioner Flowers has quite an extensive job description. The Assistant Commission of Regulatory Boards is Butch Lewis. The Director’s name is Carol Kennedy. She seems to be the one that inspectors will interact with the most. She seems very approachable. The commissioner is supposed to select an advisory board and all licensing rules are scheduled to go into effect on July 1, 2006. However, there was a meeting scheduled at the end of July (05) that was cancelled. This meeting was rescheduled for the first of January of 06. That really makes me wonder if the effective date of July 1, 2006 won’t also be postponed.

Since my “special” guest speaker didn’t show for this meeting I have been promised a good speaker to attend the first meeting our Chapter has following the January licensing meeting they have scheduled.

As far as the rest of the NACHI meeting it was great. We had 52 home inspectors in attendance. We had 2 really good speakers. 1 in particular was Barry Westbrook with DocAir. I recommend going to his web site (www.docair.com) and reading some of the articles he has written there.

I am already in the process of planning our next meeting and have several speakers who have volunteered. I'm going to wait and see if any progress is made with the licensing before scheduling a speaker on that topic.

Thanks to all who came to the meeting and look forward to seeing you at the next.

David Vaudrey
President, Middle TN NACHI Chapter