Florida DBPR Seeks Your Input for Lic Alternative

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Richard:

Todays discussion was on non-contractural remediation. Home inspection was not discussed. Larry Cerro was in attendance.

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: rbennett

DATE AND TIME: September 6, 2005, 9:00 a.m.

WORKSHOP TOPIC: Alternatives to licensure and consumer protection in the field of mold inspection or testing. Conference phone number: 850.414.1711 or Suncom 994.1711.

rlb

Originally Posted By: gbell

I heard that there is a new proposal concerning licensing home inspectors in Florida. The DBPR is considering a two tiered system for licensing.

1. Home Inspector- Requirements
Similar to the amended HB-315

2. Certified Home Inspector- Requirements
500 fee paid inspections
Pass a recognized test
3 years in business

It sounds like they heard about NACHI?s CMI program.

Nick have you been lobbying here for such a system?

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

gbell wrote:
I heard that there is a new proposal concerning licensing home inspectors in Florida. The DBPR is considering a two tiered system for licensing.

500 fee paid inspections
Pass a recognized test
3 years in business

Hi Greg:
Where have you been hiding? Have not seen a post in weeks.

BTW, thanks for starting rumors. How about some facts, like your source. (I heard this, I heard that) does not benefit the NACHI membership. Posting (I know for a fact from a conversation from xx or a written proposed bill from xx) is what the membership wants to hear.

For the record:

The tiered system was discussed during the workshops I was involved in. It would not be signed by the Governor. HB 315 will only weaken, not be any more stringent than the final version passed by the legislature, then vetoed by the Governor.

We will have legislation this year. Until we see a proposed bill while the legislature is in session, all you have is rumor. Thanks Greg for the input.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: gbell

If that is the case then I will not waste my time with sharing info that I hear. I forgot that you know it all.

Take care Mr NACHI

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

gbell wrote:
If that is the case then I will not waste my time with sharing info that I hear. I forgot that you know it all.

Take care Mr NACHI

If what is the case Greg. Will you reveal your source? Will you reveal documentation?

I am not looking for a title Greg, I am looking for the truth.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

jschwartz1 wrote:
gbell wrote:

500 fee paid inspections
Pass a recognized test
3 years in business

Hi Greg:

BTW, thanks for starting rumors. How about some facts, like your source. (I heard this, I heard that) does not benefit the NACHI membership. Posting (I know for a fact from a conversation from xx or a written proposed bill from xx) is what the membership wants to hear.

For the record:

The tiered system was discussed during the workshops I was involved in. It would not be signed by the Governor. HB 315 will only weaken, not be any more stringent than the final version passed by the legislature, then vetoed by the Governor.

We will have legislation this year. Until we see a proposed bill while the legislature is in session, all you have is rumor. Thanks Greg for the input.

It was pobably this confratational statement. There are better ways of saying this without that statement.

--
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

bkelly1 wrote:
jschwartz1 wrote:
gbell wrote:

500 fee paid inspections
Pass a recognized test
3 years in business

Hi Greg:

For the record:

It was pobably this confratational statement. There are better ways of saying this without that statement.

Ben:

This is not a confrontational statement. This is the truth. The last I checked, he has been in support of a FABI/ASHI agenda for more than a year. He has never been forthcoming with facts, so why so we assume it would start now. He and a cohort of his wanted Blaine to appoint them to the HIA. Thank the stars that Blaine saw the backdoor deal going on and did not appoint them to it. When that happened, he and his cohort turned against NACHI with venom. As a matter of fact, he quit at least two times since then. His membership has to do with a business decision, not a personal choice.

His agenda this morning was to stir the hornets nest. Come January the facts will come out. The DBPR is setting the table, and he was not there to hear the facts.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

ASHI Suncoast! It’s real.

Jeff G. Hooper

(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

[quote]His agenda this morning was to stir the hornets nest. [quote]

See Ben, here it goes again. Now we have a non-member with input. No documented(posted) facts, just a post. Go figure.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

The suspense is killing me to see who’s legisation will pass. Crying shame Home inspectors can’t work together. There seems not to even be a middle ground here.

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

Ben:

It comes down to one thing, MONEY. Whether it be for schools or trade associations. The State of FL wants nothing to do with licensure. They are seeking alternatives to licensure. We will have something next year and I encourage all inspectors to be as prepared as possible.

Nothing to discuss here until the legislature goes into session. If speculation is desired, keep the posts coming.

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Was unvealed at Octoberspec last weekend. I am not a member of ASHI, and I know about it. You can stay in the dark though. OK with me.

Jeff G. Hooper

jeffghooper wrote:
Was unvealed at Octoberspec last weekend. I am not a member of ASHI, and I know about it. You can stay in the dark though. OK with me.
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

anyone from nachi go to octoberspec?

Yes.

Jeff G. Hooper

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

jeffghooper wrote:

I can vouch for that as I was in attendance, it seems that there is an inside track that only a few are aware of right now. Rest assured those who needed to know about what is being worked on... know. It was discussed at length with none other then Nick Gromicko, and not only is he in agreement, but he is a supporter of a two-tiered licensing bill, saying that "the top tier will be the foundation for the NACHI CMI program". Very forward thinking on Mr. Gromicko's part if you ask me.

The bill will be presented using the framework of the Hygienist's bill where if you wish to call yourself a Hygienist you only need to meet a minimum requirement. On the other hand if you want to call yourself a Certified Hygienist you will need to meet a much more rigorous set of criteria.

This two-tiered approach to licensing satisfies the right-to-work aspect of licensing without penalizing those of us who want to do the hard work to become the very best tested, skilled and educated members of our profession.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

And now we know icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Suncoast ASHI Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) Program

In a home inspection market crowded by untrained and unqualified home inspectors, membership in Suncoast ASHI has long been acknowledged as an indication of a home inspector's professionalism. Chapter efforts throughout the years have included marketing to Realtors, educational programs and commitment to advancing the profession. Suncoast ASHI is proud to announce the next step forward in this effort - the Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) program. The CPI program is designed to improve both the education and professionalism of home inspectors. Combined with forthcoming marketing, designation as a CPI inspector will distinguish an inspector as one who is committed to the highest standards of the industry.

http://www.ashisuncoast.com/cpiinfo.htm

FYI

--
Jay Schwartz
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: gporter

500 fee paid inspections

Pass a recognized test

3 years in business

That's a bunch trash.

Were these meetings attended by more than one legislator. If so was the meeting posted? (Jay let me know)

--
Gary Porter
GLP's Home and Mold Inspections LLC
Orlando, Fl 32828
321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com