ARE NY NACHI MEMBERS AWARE OF THIS?

Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If you want to see a copy of the bill, e-mail Len Ungar at allaround@optonline.net and ask him to bring a copy to the 9-15 meeting he is having. If you want one sent to you, send me a post and I will send you the copy in a pdf file to review.

Hope this helps every NACHI member. [/b]

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

NY State DOS, ASHI Metro, ASHI Hudson Valley, NAHI, and NYSAHI are all unaware of this.

As far as the DOS and other HI orgs (including NY NACHI) are concerned, December 31st of this year is the go live date for the legislation.

As of the date of this posting, there is no proposed legislation of any kind, on either the assembly or state senate website legislative bill search engine, dealing with this issue. The sole legislatie effort seen, was the bill enacted which extends the licensing go-live date to 12/31/05. The bill had other provisions, and conditions contained therein were demanded by the Governor as a condition of him not vetoing the initial bill. It included a balanced advisory board, and put the Secretary opf State and the DOS in charge of licensing.

Dr Merrell, please provide that assembly or senate bill number so I can do a proper search, or perhaps you could post what you handed out at the September 1st meeting for us all to see.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: roconnor

I also don’t see a bill introduced yet which would postpone the 12/31/05 effective date. I have also been following the legislation, keeping in touch with NYS DOS, and doing periodic bill searches. Nothing yet on the radar. Perhaps you can at least post a bill number, and possibly post a PDF version (easy to do) of the bill you indicated was in judiciary.

I think it would be a good thing to postpone the effective date given the limited time left and the lack of any published applications and guidelines. It would also give inspectors who have recently started a home inspection business adequate time to prepare, instead of possibly putting them out of business until they could meet the licensing provisions.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

I am only following Bill’s lead that stated that such a measure existed, and was in the judiciary committee’s hands. Stranger things have happened. A bill number or proposed bill number would be a great help.

I was also under the impression that a copy of this may have been handed out at the Sept 1st meeting, based upon Bill M's initial post on the matter.

Bill, if you have it, or have a reference number, please post it for us.

Thanks

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: rfarruggia

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A07203

I was just emailed that link also. Seems like it’s been around since 4/8/05 with no action other than being initially referred to judiciary. Also didn’t show up on a search of current/active bills on the NYS Assembly or Senate websites (strange), and I don’t see a matching Senate bill.

I hope that is not a dead bill, and they proceed with it to postpone the effective date out to 9/1/06 ... seems more reasonable given the current situation/status. Would be good to get some more information on the status of that.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

9 months from the effective date of Sept 05, leaves wus with an extended date of 6/06.

Look at the referenced date.

I believe this bill may be dead

--
Joe Farsetta

jfarsetta wrote:
9 months from the effective date of Sept 05, leaves us with an extended date of 6/06.

The way I read the bill text (lines 19-22), the amendment to the HI licensing law (RPP, Article 12B, Section 444-d) would take effect on the same day as the licensing law, which is 1/1/06. That would postpone the 1/1/06 effective date out 9 months to 9/1/06 in my opinion.

Joe ... can you find out through the legislative contacts if this bill is dead or not?

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Will do, Rob…

You may also want to contact Jodi, if you have a moment to see where we are with regard to the application. As far as DOS is concerned, its full steam ahead.

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: bmerrell

Assembly Bill does not have a sponsor and as such it is still in Committee.

Governors office will not address this issue of a postponement unless the applications are unavailable and it would cause a burden to the industry.

The Governors Office on Regulatory Reform in NY State (GORR) has notified me that the applications have not been seen by them yet and it will be weeks before they are made available if they are ready.

They will notify me when they are available. I have also contacted The NYS, Dept. of State and they have informed me that the applications are NOT available at the present time. The further notified me that application for course approval is NOT available and application for Instructor approval is not available and the final draft for the outline of the course to be mandated has not be made public to date.