FL mold licensing.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/skyetec2005.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

From the site;

Quote:
SkyeTec and NACHI to take over new construction.

That will take a CGC, CBC, or CRC license in this state. 1st offence is a first degree mist. second is a third degree felony.

Contractors = new construction will not even let home inpsectors onto the sites unless they have these licenses, $1,000,000 in insurance, GL and AUTO, and workmans comp in many areas of Florida.

Good luck, as that will never happen.

Quote:
Jacksonville based SkyeTec? and NACHI offer home inspectors licensure and certification to conduct Mold and Water Intrusion Certification Inspections.

There is no such thing?

--
Jeff G. Hooper
(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Mr Hooper

Thank you for the information. I was getting ready to investigate the press release further.

You have help answer some of my questions.

While insurance etc was not in Nick's post, this is also good information.

rlb

Quote:
With approximately 50,000 inspections on new construction scheduled in the Southeast, a scientific process based on nationally recognized industry guidelines, and degreed inspectors,

Let's see?

This is my area, SE, Florida. None of us down here have even heard of this company. I inspect almost all of the contractors in this areas work. They have never heard of them. The FHBA here locally has never heard of them. I do work for DR Horton, the nations largest builder, they have never heard of them. Huuuuuuuuum?

Another shell?

--
Jeff G. Hooper

Mr. Hooper

Their web posted client list looks good.

In fact their web looks good.

I know that good web sites do not make a good company

rlb

Not impressed.

A large number of builders, mostly small time. The Minnesota company is small.

Only select branches or small areas for National Builders. Toll Brothers for instance will not let anyone but GC's on site around here and they have over 30 developments in progress. I know their entire Southeast qualifier, "GC", as I am involve in several suits with them. He controls 3 states.

Mercedies is another that is Not using them statewide. The Busher family does not operate that way.

Just be carful before giving your money away on licensing and certifications that do not exist. That is all.

--
Jeff G. Hooper

Originally Posted By: gporter

It seems like evrybody is trying to come out with training when the bill is not even written yet. Can we just wait. Let’s not get a bunch of certificates that mean nothing. Thank you, Mr. Hooper, Todd Allen, and others that investigate these things.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

DATE AND TIME: September 6, 2005, 9:00 a.m.

WORKSHOP TOPIC: Alternatives to licensure and consumer protection in the field of mold inspection or testing. Conference phone number: 850.414.1711 or Suncom 994.1711.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

I don't know why this is in the legislative thread, as this is a seperate issue, Skyetec have performed 50,000 moisture inspections in the last year, primarily on behalf of builders who wish to be ensured that the properties that they construct will have far fewer warranty issues than those of their competitors.

To this end builders are paying for the inspections (including 11 month) and the warranty

This service has nothing whatsoever to do with the comming legislation..

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Quote:
Jacksonville based SkyeTec? and NACHI offer home inspectors licensure and certification to conduct Mold and Water Intrusion Certification Inspections.

Hmmm?

--
Jeff G. Hooper

Originally Posted By: gporter

I called them today. They are only do this class in Atlanta. I asked them if they are going to sub-contract and they said no. Just another school.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=15337

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

One needs to be careful depending on what ones State requirements are. For instance. Here in the State of Florida some of the license categories are:

CGC = Certified General Contractor, Unlimited.
CBC = Certified Building Contractor
CRC = Certified Residential Contractor
CMC = Certified Mechanical Contractor
CPC = Certified Pool Contractor
CPCO= Certified Pest Control Operator.
Excreta

These laws state the no one can use these terms, or parts of these terms , without being duly licensed in that category. To do so reaps the sword of the State Attorney General and will get you a fine, jail and at the very least a cease and desist order. Dis anint Kansas Todo.

You are not allowed to use part of the name in this state, like: John Doe Certified Contractor, ABC Board General Contractor. The use of these terms in any order or quantity has been viewed as requiring the appropriate license or deceiving the public. Numerous cases have been brought forward, and the State has won all of them.

Be careful getting meaningless certifications not recognized by your state if they have such laws. When Florida finally has a HI licensing law, my guess is that the term Certified Home Inspector will not be allowed in this state as a whole, or in part, in your advertisement or name unless one is licensed in that category as the precedence has been set by the other DBPR groups.

--
Jeff G. Hooper

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

When in doubt prefix the word “certified” with the word “NACHI” and no one can stop you from saying the truth. You can always say “NACHI certified inspector” or “NACHI certified home inspector” even if you are not state certified in states that use “certified inspector” or “certified home inspector” for regulatory purposes (this issue has been tested before). It should be a rare scenario as NACHI’s Code of Ethics 1.10 http://www.nachi.org/code_of_ethics.htm requires a NACHI member to fulfill all minimum state or local requirements. The only possible exception might be the state of Virginia where state certification is voluntary. In that scenario a NACHI member wouldn’t require state certification to comply with http://www.nachi.org/code_of_ethics.htm and so could theoretically be NACHI certified, not state certified, and still comply with NACHI’s Code of Ethics. In that case just note who issued you the certification when using the word “certified.”

You are always safe if you prefix the word "certified" with the certifying organization, no matter how many certifications you have.

"Certified Master Inspector" is the only phrase that cannot be used by anyone, anywhere.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

jeffghooper wrote:
One needs to be careful depending on what ones State requirements are. For instance. Here in the State of Florida some of the license categories are:

CGC = Certified General Contractor, Unlimited.
CBC = Certified Building Contractor
CRC = Certified Residential Contractor
CMC = Certified Mechanical Contractor
CPC = Certified Pool Contractor
CPCO= Certified Pest Control Operator.
Excreta

These laws state the no one can use these terms, or parts of these terms , without being duly licensed in that category. To do so reaps the sword of the State Attorney General and will get you a fine, jail and at the very least a cease and desist order. Dis anint Kansas Todo.

You are not allowed to use part of the name in this state, like: John Doe Certified Contractor, ABC Board General Contractor. The use of these terms in any order or quantity has been viewed as requiring the appropriate license or deceiving the public. Numerous cases have been brought forward, and the State has won all of them.

Be careful getting meaningless certifications not recognized by your state if they have such laws. When Florida finally has a HI licensing law, my guess is that the term Certified Home Inspector will not be allowed in this state as a whole, or in part, in your advertisement or name unless one is licensed in that category as the precedence has been set by the other DBPR groups.

Excreta
Faeces consist of digested food from the intestines, where bacteria help to decompose the food eaten. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which remove water, salts, and other substances of the blood by a filter process.
Excreta has to be removed from the household in the least offensive way.

Here you can find information on

Excreta
Collection methods of excreta
Sanitation
An introduction to ecological sanitation
Literature
links

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

All that for a typo.

You obviously are too new or to stuborn to realize I do not give a rats @#$ about spelling. Too many important things on my mind and plate.

Others got the meaning.

--
Jeff G. Hooper

Ok maybe you are correct. A typo is generally one or two letters not an entirely different word. I am sure your attention to detail is better in other areas. Or maybe not icon_lol.gif

“I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused”-Elvis Costello

jeffghooper wrote:
All that for a typo.

You obviously are too new or to stuborn to realize I do not give a rats @#$ about spelling. Too many important things on my mind and plate.

Others got the meaning.

Neither, I'm literate ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello

icon_cool.gif

Quote:
I am sure your attention to detail is better in other areas.

Where it needs to be.

You are off topic!

--
Jeff G. Hooper