!!! James Bushart !!! Donkey or Not !!!

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only.  Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

!!! James Bushart !!! Donkey or Not !!!

AuthorMessage
tallen
NACHI Member: No
(as of 3/25/07)
Very Active Poster
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:31 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
jbushart wrote:
tallen wrote:
When I am really in the mood I read, Edger Allen Poe. icon_biggrin.gif

His poetry was odd...much of it written while he was drunk. But two stories, A Descent Into the Maelstrom and The Tell Tale Heart are good reading, IMO.

Have you ever drank Absinth? Nasty stuff and the cause of many of Poe's scribbles.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

James Bushart

Home Inspection Services of Missouri
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jbushart
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:43 PM       Post Subject:
tallen wrote:
Have you ever drank Absinth? Nasty stuff and the cause of many of Poe's scribbles.

No, I haven't. Unfortunately, I cannot use that same excuse for some of mine. icon_lol.gif

I have an annual tradition of adding a Dickens novel to my reading list during the winter. This year, it is David Copperfield, again. I've spent the majority of this spring and summer re-reading volumes one and five of Gibbons' Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. It's like reading the daily news.

--
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

tallen
(as of 3/25/07)
Very Active Poster
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:45 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
rcooke wrote:
NACHI really is the greatest .
Here we have Two guys who where throwing darts a few minutes ago . Time changes so fast .
Good night all have to work tomorrow.

Roy Cooke sr ... RHI.... Be Happy Join NACHI

Roy, looking back and I meen way back. I would say you might have been as bad as I.

In my opinion it is people like you, that stick to there guns that make this NACHI wheel go round and round.

Good for you Roy!!!

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

James Bushart

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:53 PM       Post Subject:
tallen wrote:
I can say that things are getting soooo much better here at NACHI central, that within a year we (NACHI) will own the HI field. I am still not sure if that is good or bad, but.

I predict that it will be good, but only for a while. Then, as most large and prestigious associations tend to do, this one will gradually begin to focus upon maintaining the status quo as opposed to breaking new ground.

Then, a group of roudy, loud mouth members will spin off and start the beginning of NACHI II. And so on...and so on...and so on...

--

www.monachi.org

James Bushart

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:59 PM       Post Subject:
tallen wrote:
While I am jabbering about the book thing. Have you ever met a person that will not read a book no matter what you do to try an convince them that it is worth the trouble? I have. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

My wife. If it isn't a catalog full of shoes, she's not interested.

--

www.monachi.org

tallen
(as of 3/25/07)
Very Active Poster
Posted: Sep 5, 2005 11:03 PM       Post Subject:

jbushart wrote:
tallen wrote:
While I am jabbering about the book thing. Have you ever met a person that will not read a book no matter what you do to try an convince them that it is worth the trouble? I have. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

My wife. If it isn't a catalog full of shoes, she's not interested.

Alas , I have the same problem. It took me a year to get her to read "Timbukto" and it is 170 pages of 100 words per page. icon_confused.gif icon_cry.gif

When it was all said and done she said WOW!!! that was great!! Now I am trying for Catcher in the rye??? icon_eek.gif

By the way I found a 1st edition of Catcher in the Rye in my Mothers closet. icon_biggrin.gif She was going to sell it at a garage sale for .50 cents icon_eek.gif

The same book sells on ebay for 1100.00

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Go to page: Previous 1 2 3 Next