Stop the Hooper/Inspection Depot Assault on NACHI Members

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jhagarty wrote:
jbowman wrote:

Are you still considered "staff" as past-president?

Not that I am aware of. I resigned from my position as President. I also received a copy of the Corporate minutes when the Change was completed and recorded.

jbowman wrote:

Aren't you included on many staff emails? I seem to remember seeing you on some of them.

John:

You remember seeing me included in emails that you told someone else you never received? How could that be?

Joe,

I appreciate your opinion, it would seem to me that Bushart was speaking from a position of power and authority on NACHI's website in NACHI's behalf. We now have a MAB member and the acting Executive Director in what looks to be tacit approval of his actions.

Again, to me it seems that there is enough probable cause for someone to at least review the evidence. Either I am a felony criminal as Mr. Bushart contends in his written document, or I am not, and both my good name has been impinged and Mr. Bushart is guilty of what appears to be libel.

The real big question is did he make these statements an James Bushart citizen, or James Bushart NACHI joint committee person acting as an agent/officer of NACHI? We have a court system to answer these gray areas and make judgments. Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: evandeven

jburkeson wrote:
jhagarty wrote:
jbowman wrote:

Not that I am aware of. I resigned from my position as President. I also received a copy of the Corporate minutes when the Change was completed and recorded.

jbowman wrote:

Aren't you included on many staff emails? I seem to remember seeing you on some of them.

John:

You remember seeing me included in emails that you told someone else you never received? How could that be?

Joe,

I appreciate your opinion, it would seem to me that Bushart was speaking from a position of power and authority on NACHI's website in NACHI's behalf. We now have a MAB member and the acting Executive Director in what looks to be tacit approval of his actions.

Again, to me it seems that there is enough probable cause for someone to at least review the evidence. Either I am a felony criminal as Mr. Bushart contends in his written document, or I am not, and both my good name has been impinged and Mr. Bushart is guilty of what appears to be libel.

The real big question is did he make these statements an James Bushart citizen, or James Bushart NACHI joint committee person acting as an agent/officer of NACHI? Thanks in advance for any help.

Or did he make it as James Bushart, NACHI Chapter President?

In any event, he has stated that Joe B. is a felon. Without any proof, that is a slanderous remark and I am sure, a violation of this orgs CoE.

Is anything going to be done? Probably not and that undermines, even further, the "credibility" of this organization.

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

evandeven wrote:
jburkeson wrote:
jhagarty wrote:
jbowman wrote:

jbowman wrote:

John:

Joe,

The real big question is did he make these statements an James Bushart citizen, or James Bushart NACHI joint committee person acting as an agent/officer of NACHI? Thanks in advance for any help.

Or did he make it as James Bushart, NACHI Chapter President?

In any event, he has stated that Joe B. is a felon. Without any proof, that is a slanderous remark and I am sure, a violation of this orgs CoE.

Is anything going to be done? Probably not and that undermines, even further, the "credibility" of this organization.

I have already asked the Ethics Committee to look into this apparent violation of the CoE there is no reason that you can not bring charges as a private citizen, please do so if you feel that Mr. Bushart has violated our code. You can contact the Committee members here.

--

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

As I asked above Joe, what good, if any would it do?

This guy has made false statements about numerous individuals since he started posting here. Nothing has been done as of this time. I doubt anything is going to be done. It is sad.

Eric Van De Ven

Owner/Inspector

Magnum Inspections Inc.

evandeven wrote:
As I asked above Joe, what good, if any would it do?
This guy has made false statements about numerous individuals since he started posting here. Nothing has been done as of this time. I doubt anything is going to be done. It is sad.

If the rest of the organization leadership begins to suffer, become embarrassed and are forced to devote unnecessary time to issues caused by one of their own, maybe something will be done to facilitate a cure for the ills that have been plaguing NACHI, your call. Besides the others didn't have money or one of the best attorney's in Palm Beach County. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I think it’s time to spam this whole thread. You guys are boring me to death. (I will say that Burkeson’s new avatar is a good likeness of him and certainly projects his ferocity.) A taller person may have selected a Doberman, I presume.

Seriously, though Blaine? Joe F? Does this thread qualify as Spam? I think that all that is missing is Dave Bottoms wanting to "bitch slap" somebody. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: tallen

icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Poor NACHI ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif) ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif)

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

jbushart wrote:
I think it's time to spam this whole thread. You guys are boring me to death. (I will say that Burkeson's new avatar is a good likeness of him and certainly projects his ferocity.) A taller person may have selected a Doberman, I presume.

Seriously, though Blaine? Joe F? Does this thread qualify as Spam? I think that all that is missing is Dave Bottoms wanting to "bitch slap" somebody. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Who started this thread, anyway? Oh...............The Imperial Wizard did!

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

evandeven wrote:
jbushart wrote:
I think it's time to spam this whole thread. You guys are boring me to death. (I will say that Burkeson's new avatar is a good likeness of him and certainly projects his ferocity.) A taller person may have selected a Doberman, I presume.

Who started this thread, anyway? Oh...............The Imperial Wizard did!

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) I think he forgot ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

jbushart wrote:

Seriously, though Blaine? Joe F? Does this thread qualify as Spam? I think that all that is missing is Dave Bottoms wanting to "------------" somebody. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

You would. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

After you went through all the work of copying the thread at inspection news and bringing, it here why would you want to spam it now.

Oh, it is no longer going in your direction, maybe that is why ![icon_idea.gif](upload://6VKizmOm2U7YYmfXNtFW4XTwFVy.gif)

bkelly1 wrote:
After you went through all the work of copying the thread at inspection news and bringing, it here why would you want to spam it now.

Oh, it is no longer going in your direction, maybe that is why ![icon_idea.gif](upload://6VKizmOm2U7YYmfXNtFW4XTwFVy.gif)

It never was going in his direction. It was a fabrication from the start. Just more of his angst against someone who is far more qualified than he will ever be!

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

kwilliams wrote:
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) I think he forgot ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Nope. I didn't forget. It's been off topic for pages. We should start a new thread..."Burkeson Barks" or something on that order. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

E mail sent to me from Bushart,

Quote:
Hoopy,

The phone call from Mike Rowan to Nick Gromicko that you have been referring to did not happen until yesterday.
Rowan called Nick and told him to get rid of me and Farsetta. Nick told him to f#&k himself.
Thought you would like to know. Sorry to hear that Inspection Depot did not get exclusive rights to the CMI program. Looks like that fell through, too. Oh well, as long as Inspection Depot stays small and mainly in Florida, Rowan will have to keep you on. Mediocrity for Rowan is job security for you.
Jim
JAMES H. BUSHART
Home Inspector, Home Inspection Services of Missouri
314-803-2167
President, Mid-Missouri Chapter of the
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
www.monachi.org

--
Jeff G. Hooper
(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

Originally Posted By: jstewart1

Well done Jim icon_cool.gif

Jerry Stewart

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

jstewart1 wrote:
Well done Jim ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Jerry Stewart

Jim B:

Very Professional.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

icon_redface.gif

Quote:
Nick told him to f#&k himself.

That true Nick?

Now is your chance to either divorce Jim or cut your ties with ID.

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.

I’ll say he’ll probably do neither. icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The post which Mr. Hooper cut and pasted from his private e-mail to this thread should give everyone the proper perspective on things. I’d like to think that someone had to play the horses a$%, and Jeff Hooper stepped up to the challenge.

But onto the more pressing issue. The notion that Mr. Rowan is somehow above all of this, and that is why he refrains from posting is an argument of convenience. By staying silent, he condones the action of his employee. Its plain and simple.

As to the ultimatem given to Nick, shame on Mike Rowan. It is time to put aside the personal relationships between NACHI and Inspection Depot and really look at the larger picture.

Nick did just that in his instantaneous response to Rowan's ultimatem.

It goes back to the basic question as to whether any vendor should ever dictate to NACHI. The follow-on to that woiuld be what NACHI would do about it.

But, getting back to Jim Bushart's e-mail to Hooper, it was a private e-mail, and he is entitled to speak his mind in that private venue.

Considering the relationship Hooper has with ID, the fact that Mr. Rowan will not publicly distance himself from the statements made, and the scenario put forward by Mike Rowan (allegedly), I'd say that Jim kept his cool.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."