Letter to Minister Fontana

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

- - - - -

Originally Posted By: wblakey

Excellent post. Could you post contact info for the minister (email, fax, snail mail) so that other Canadian NACHI members like myself could follow up on your post by sending messages ourselves.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

eusa_clap.gif

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: rwand1

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

The value of experience is not in seeing much,

but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

NACHI Member

Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)

http://www.raymondwand.ca

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Please consider the following:

1) Anyone is welcomed to attend the CAHPI conference. CAHPI conferences have traditionally been attended by non-members for many years.

2) The CHIBO Committee felt that the first major opportunity to provide the "official release" was at the CAHPI-National event. I am sure the information can be offered to other events, regardless of the implication of it just being a CAHPI or OAHI event. Even than, I will be scrambling to provide a "readers digest" or "executive summary" on the document.

3) More opportunities for the presentation will be definitely be considered. Due to the "unfriendly" climate created by certain parties, only official written requests will be considered for future consideration. After all it must be above board and done to assure fairness and provide technical documentation expected to curtail these false claims.

4) I welcome the opportunity to visit NACHI Chapters, but once again past dialogues on this issue on the forum have not been friendly or respectful.

5) It also must be clearly understood that the presentation to any meeting group is in no manner funded by any entity, other than my kindness and from my own personal out of pocket expenses. So I am deeply offended by certain claims from discussions on the NACHI Forum with respect to making unconditional demands or that I am paid to do the presentations.

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Ray - you are correct on the issue of signing off. Each provincial/regional CAHPI association must sign off. I am not aware of the current status because this is conducted at the BOD level.

Quote:
Items3.
As far as unfriendly parties it is my view that the blame lies solely with 2-3 individuals, and not you. As to written requests I don't think there is any leeway for consideration for written requests. The fact is that the information is suppose to be available to all, regardless of a persons affiliation, or politics.

The requirement for written requests for presentation grew out of previous claims. It simply provides substantiation of facts, based on a paper trail, and also to deal with claims and allegations indicating such was otherwise. Once the information is officially announced it becomes a "public" document. Until than (as previously noted) it was unofficial and still a private matter under discussion by the committee.

--

Quote:
I do have a problem with one individual touting how the cost and time, et ceteras were being borne solely by him, only to find out later that he was paid for expenses.

Seeing that certain people are no longer permitted to post to provide the other side of the issue, or offer rebuttal - this is offered strictly for clarification of the above claim.

It is my understanding that Bill paid his own train fare which was well over $ 300; he prepared handouts for the presentation for which he spent close to $ 100 in photocopying, etc. He also paid for all his own meals but one; as well as loosing two days of work. For all of this he received accusations indicating that he was paid. The only expense of that was not paid by Bill was the over night hotel stay - which Cam Allen paid for, and it is also my understanding that Nick never reimbursed him for that.

Just passing along the message!

--

Originally Posted By: lleach

Has any information been posted about the CHIBO Committee official release at the CAHPI Conference?

I haven’t been able to find any posts about it.

Thanks

deleted - DILLIGAS

Originally Posted By: rcooke

clawrenson wrote:
Yes, but a few earlier posts seem to have been "deleted". Information can be found on the CAHPI-National website. That is the latest official release.
http://www.cahpi.ca

Strange how CAHPI is using NACHI to get the message out about the National Registry.
It is great how NACHI cooperates with others but they sure do not reciprocate in the least,
They continue to put down NACHI and many of its members and directors.
It is obvious that CAHPI is getting very nervious about how good NACHI is.
I have a very new large computer and I can not get to print the information.
It seems to be a huge file to down load I am on High speed and it takes a long time to get the 91 pages .
They are too wide for me to print 20% is cut off the side .
If I go to land landscape I get it to print but loose 20% from the Bottom.
I highly recommend it be read in its entirety and find out for your self that what was said by many earlier ,
is very close to what is posted on the CAHPI site .
They talk about a national registry (15) .
Ethics and Professional standards (17)
Grand Parenting? (19)
They expect to have to put through 1,000 or more quickly (36)
NOTE!!!! It also says this report ASSUMES CAHPI will hold the right to certify. It has a lot of the words , Could ,Might, May,
It talks about ISO/EC 17024:2005 and for more information go to www.SCC.CA.
I went there and could not find ISO/IEC 17024:2005
Claude and Bill had said they would make sure that the information got out to all Canadian Home Inspectors.
I am still waiting to be notified . I found out about it from one of my OAHI friends .
CAHPI put out . TASK. Priority Analysis of NOS TASKS survey. They received 60 surveys back (14)
BC....16, Alberta....11, Manitoba....1, Ontario....20, Quebec....4, Nova Scotia....1, unknown ....7 I guess they covered the other four provinces and three Territories.
Bill Mullen told Us CAHPI members would receive first dibs because they had spent Millions on this . Strange I belonged to OAHI and they had more members then the rest of Canada put together and they have not any amount close to a small fraction of that amount in all the years CAHPI has been going.
Figures in Brackets are for the section this information can be found (XX)

The last page has written at the bottom.

............................ Funding for this Project is being provided
.............................by the Government of Canada's
.............................Sector Council Program.

It looks like Bill got caught in another of his many mistakes.
This sounds to me like exactly what he told every body one year ago and many went to Whistler to get in on the front line of the
CAHPI Pre-Delivery Inspection & Report Program.
It cost a lot of inspectors a lot of money for ZERO return.
I wonder how close this is to that.
By the way NACHI membership is growing in Canada.
CAHPI is going to need a over 600 of our members if they hope to get the 1,000 they are expecting to need for the NATIONAL INITIVE.
CAHPI talks how great they are and they are making decisions for this analysis from a return of 60 on their survey.

Until these CAHPI Directors start reading and following their own Ethics and Professional Standards , the future looks dim.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the update. I have to concur with your take on the document. This document is very close to the links I provided sometime ago and got suspended from OAHI CAFE for doing so. I guess some do not like having the truth told. This document contains many if's, and's and but's, it is not carved in stone, nor has it been put to the membership for incorporation into the by-laws. It is cumbersome, complex, and will be difficult to administer and costly. No mention of who will make up the Certification Council, and that dang word "grandfathering" is in the document just like it was in the draft documents. However I like the politically correct gender neutral language "grandparenting."

It gums up my computer too. I can't even print it, and the right side of the document is missing. The brochure does not print either and is of poor quality. Yes very professional.

I feel vindicated! I have also found it necessary to write yet another letter to Mr. Fontana, and to the President of CAHPI with regard to further unwarranted defamatory comments by one inidividual.

I also understand Mr. Fontana did not show at the Conference due to family committments.

I also understand that the former DPPC Chair and no longer a member of OAHI did not like the document either and had concerns that it was restrictive and may result in legal challenges. Hmmmmm.

I think my bird will enjoy reading this document from his perch too!
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

These comments are the peronal opinions of the writer and do not reflect those of Nachi.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Just a few points of clarification. Than I will gladly delete my earlier post referencing the source of obtaining the document. First its owned by CAHPI-National not Bill or Claude or anyone else. So it is not mine to give away, or mine to officially announce. Bill and Claude offered to present the readers digest version PowerPoint presentation to others regardless of association, particularly to clarify facts. We as committee members were also under confidentiality agreements and unfortunately not able to keep earlier speaking engagements. Besides enough demands and distorts have already been circulated - so why should real facts get in the way of those that persist on making this into what some feel is a threat to them.

You and others have been notified, even through this forum, but unfortunately some choose to twist this into yet another means of belittling CAHPI - National. A few others posted it, and ironically deleted the reference. Seems not just ironic but just stifling the facts from getting to others that may really be interested in finding out the information. Life will go on with or without co-operation, and or participation from those that feel the need to join in or stay out. Hence "voluntary".

Actually a certain amount of credit must be given to those that only helped strengthen the resolve to see this initiative through, even in the letter writing campaigns. But don't stop fretting yet, the best is yet to come. Stay tuned for a few more announcements. Than again it seems some really don't want to know! Hey that's a choice too.

It is also ironic that a certain post was also quickly deleted that implied that Mr. Fontana and the Liberals were implicated in certain stated allegations. Now once again the statement speaks much to the two sides of the person trying to argue alleged bias to the same minister. Interesting quandary to say the least. Yes, information here posted speaks for the thoughts of those posting it. It is open to public viewing and gathering of information. It could even come back to be used against the poster.

This is not about NACHI or CAHPI its about individuals that perceive the national initiative as a potential threat to them. The reality is the document is full of facts, and yes the implementation plans are now moving forward under committee study. So don't try to second guess what the future holds. The facts will speak for itself. Again the choice is "yours" or for others to make.

So thank you for caring, and stating your opinions. With that enough said - that's last call on getting the message out!

--

Quote:
It is also ironic that a certain post was also quickly deleted that implied that Mr. Fontana and the Liberals were implicated in certain stated allegations. Now once again the statement speaks much to the two sides of the person trying to argue alleged bias to the same minister. Interesting quandary to say the least. Yes, information here posted speaks for the thoughts of those posting it. It is open to public viewing and gathering of information. It could even come back to be used against the poster.

If thats the way you feel repost my deleted post. I think you are all wet. You post my post and I'll post the defamatory comments by your so-called chief spokesman. Your right the best is yet to come.

You think we are all illiterate and can't read or make our own opinions. Wrong!

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rcooke

clawrenson wrote:
Just a few points of clarification. Than I will gladly delete my earlier post referencing the source of obtaining the document. First its owned by CAHPI-National not Bill or Claude or anyone else. So it is not mine to give away, or mine to officially announce. Bill and Claude offered to present the readers digest version PowerPoint presentation to others regardless of association, particularly to clarify facts. We as committee members were also under confidentiality agreements and unfortunately not able to keep earlier speaking engagements. Besides enough demands and distorts have already been circulated - so why should real facts get in the way of those that persist on making this into what some feel is a threat to them.

You and others have been notified, even through this forum, but unfortunately some choose to twist this into yet another means of belittling CAHPI - National. A few others posted it, and ironically deleted the reference. Seems not just ironic but just stifling the facts from getting to others that may really be interested in finding out the information. Life will go on with or without co-operation, and or participation from those that feel the need to join in or stay out. Hence "voluntary".

Actually a certain amount of credit must be given to those that only helped strengthen the resolve to see this initiative through, even in the letter writing campaigns. But don't stop fretting yet, the best is yet to come. Stay tuned for a few more announcements. Than again it seems some really don't want to know! Hey that's a choice too.

This is not about NACHI or CAHPI its about individuals that perceive the national initiative as a potential threat to them. The reality is the document is full of facts, and yes the implementation plans are now moving forward under committee study. So don't try to second guess what the future holds. The facts will speak for itself. Again the choice is "yours" or for others to make.

So thank you for caring, and stating your opinions. With that enough said - that's last call on getting the message out!

Claude talks about deleted posts . He has deleted more of his posts then I by a long shot .
He talks about the National being full of facts,
How do we know past experience shows we can not believe Bill Mullen,
If they are facts why do they say.... Could, .... May, ..... Might.
He says stay tuned for more Information again the past shows how we waited for the facts from Whistler and ???????????.
He talks about a letter writing campaign .
A couple of letters with questions is a letter writing campaign Come on Claude .
He talks about this forum being open to the public and others .
Yes he is correct NACHI is above board and shows how honorable we are .
It is unfortunate that much poison is circulated to those on the CANUK forum and
we honorable members of NACHI have little chance to defend our selves from it .
Claude Knows any member on the Canuk forum who tries to stand up against malicious posting
are chastised so bad they must stop making any comments or they will be removed .
It is too bad Bill and his very few cohorts continue to say
very very nasty things about NACHI and those who defend NACHI.
As per usual no one has not tried to clear up all the things I posted so I must belive that they
know my information as posted is correct.
I stand by what I said and can only hope CAPHI Members reread it and try to see it's folly.
Unfortunately Claude says " Last call on getting the message out "
I guess he does not want to discuse or challenge any of my statements .
This is typical of those CAHPI Leaders.... hit ,..... run ,... and..... hide .
They continue in their own little world and feed off of one another.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Quote:
Despite the antics of those two morons Wand and Cooke, and a supporting cast of dim bulbs such as Larry Ewens, I have been trying to make it very clear that the Canadian Certification Program is going ahead and I want to include EVERYONE.

CAHPI and I are not trying to exclude anyone. In fact, we want to include as many inspectors as we can in this project.

I will never stop promoting CAHPI and knocking NACHI until you and your group decide to work with us and raise your standards. I have tried in the past but it just didn't seem to work out.

Unfortunately, you and Mr. Butchard do not understand out Canadian HI Industry. Actually, Mr. Butchard and Mr. Bowman are so far off base I have no willingness to even talk to them.

We can solve a lot of probems with a high level agreement.

You control your people and I can make our side move as needed.

What I would like to know is who does Mr. Mullen think he is? Claude says this is neither his nor Mr. Mullens baby (referring to CHIBO). I guess written words tell the truth eh!? Seems Mr. Mullens is calling the shots, I guess he has the CAHPI Executive endorsing his stand or does he? Does Mr. Guihan support this type of behaviour and abuse of position?

Yes I guess there will be movement forward when Mr. Mullen and his cohorts get it through their heads they are not the gate keeper and the dictators they portray themselves to be.

And I am still waiting for proof from these folks indicating I have mislead anyone. I guess Hell will freeze over first before they are able to do that. But truth has taken a backseat I suppose.

These are the personal opinions of the writer and do not reflect the position or views of Nachi.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Quote:
Ethical Concerns

Post a New Message >>
Reply to This Message >>
Thursday, October 20, 2005
C. Lawrenson

Are there ethical issues out there impacting home inspectors that needs to be addressed in our Code of Conduct - Ethical Behaviour? If so please feel free to note them here, or email me privately. clawrenson@acnacanada.net

Yes I have a few concerns. One of them involves someone very high up in CAHPI misusing another Association logo that they are not entitled to do.

Also there are other inconsistencies on the same persons resume on another site.

Let me know if you would like more info. We all want to belong to an ethically responsible association(s) where everyone is treated equal and fairly. But considering CAHPI has no mandate to investigate itself or do anything about it, maybe I should file a complaint with the appropriate provincial self-regulating body and ASHI.

Seeing as I cannot post on the CAHPI site, maybe you could address this very serious matter here on this forum? After all we want to ensure Mr. Fontana is dealing with sincere honest people, don't we?

Of course if I am wrong about this, I will appologize which is more than anyone else has been able to do with their deleterious comments.

Thank you.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Sorry Raymond , but it would be inappropriate for me to discuss/debate CAHPI forum posts on NACHI’s forum. If you have a specific complaint or issue, feel free to email me at the private email address I provided with complete substantiation of details.

For future reference, I will only respond to CAHPI forum posts/replies or ethics complaints on the CAHPI forum or through private email. So please don't waste your time trying to bait me on this forum. It's not the proper venue to grieve or resolve such issues.

Regards, Claude

--

Thank you Claude

I have very serious concerns about the misuse of ASHI logo of which the logo would also indicate membership at the following address.

http://www.bluewaterhomeinspection.com/

Is Mr. Guihan aware of this problem? Is Mr. Fontana aware of this serious matter?

Personally I don't know what you can do in regards to your position as Ethics Chair only because CAHPI has no way of disciplining its members. CAHPI has not teeth. This matter must be dealt with at the provincial level, so I have taken it upon myself to file a complaint with OAHI and ASHI and Mr. Fontana. As CAHPI Director of External Relations I think it would behoove Mr. Mullen to ensure the accuracy of his credentials and his statements as to his qualifications on another site http://www.canadiansforproperlybuilthomes.com/html/aboutcpbh/advisorycouncil/members.html#BillMullen

I also don't see any reference to Mr. Mullens position in CAHPI as he has claimed. http://www.cahi.ca/directors.html
It only claims he is Past President.

I guess this makes the accusations Mr. Mullen has leveled repeatedly against me and others made on the Nachi site, the Canuck list and the Oahi CAFE irrelevent and meritless and libelous.

By the way as I stated earlier if any of my comments are in error I will offer an appology.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Raymond I won’t get into specific “case” or “event” details - but may I ask why do you continue to air these types of issues - and drag the name of NACHI in the line of fire by posting these matters here?

You rightfully are entitled to grieve your allegations to the appropriate association bodies, as your primary step in the process. Alternatively you could even try to address it on a person to person level. So deal with it on a fair and reasonable level, without dragging others into this unnecessarily.

Once again, I choose not to address your other claims in your statements in this recent part of the thread, simply to reduce the risk of creating another round of unnecessary exchanges in words on such matters. After all these are best judged by the appropriate jurisdictions.

--