Letter to Minister Fontana

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only. Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

Letter to Minister Fontana

AuthorMessage
Claude Lawrenson

Ontario Home Inspections Inc.
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: clawrenson
Posted: Oct 28, 2005 10:04 AM       Post Subject:
Raymond I won't get into specific "case" or "event" details - but may I ask why do you continue to air these types of issues - and drag the name of NACHI in the line of fire by posting these matters here?

You rightfully are entitled to grieve your allegations to the appropriate association bodies, as your primary step in the process. Alternatively you could even try to address it on a person to person level. So deal with it on a fair and reasonable level, without dragging others into this unnecessarily.

Once again, I choose not to address your other claims in your statements in this recent part of the thread, simply to reduce the risk of creating another round of unnecessary exchanges in words on such matters. After all these are best judged by the appropriate jurisdictions.

--

Roy Cooke

Roys Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: rcooke
Posted: Oct 28, 2005 12:22 PM       Post Subject:
clawrenson wrote:
Raymond I won't get into specific "case" or "event" details - but may I ask why do you continue to air these types of issues - and drag the name of NACHI in the line of fire by posting these matters here?

You rightfully are entitled to grieve your allegations to the appropriate association bodies, as your primary step in the process. Alternatively you could even try to address it on a person to person level. So deal with it on a fair and reasonable level, without dragging others into this unnecessarily.

Once again, I choose not to address your other claims in your statements in this recent part of the thread, simply to reduce the risk of creating another round of unnecessary exchanges in words on such matters. After all these are best judged by the appropriate jurisdictions.

Gee this sounds to me like do as I say not as I do.
Claude you are doing exactly what you ask Raymond not to do.
Unfortunately this is the only Place where we are able to get out true information to the Canadian Members.
Those who belong to Bill,s Closed CANUK forum are fed a very slanted and many times untrue information .
It is unfortunate that those who wish to correct the false information are chastised so severally
they no longer make posts on the CANUK forum .
Those who tried to continue to show where the errors are, get removed.
I can see why you not chastise the false information presented on the Canuck forum ( It is your removal if you do ).
The language Bill uses when he found giving FASLSE information is very far from professional
and he expects to be listened too when he goes on one of his tangents.
You say take your concerns to the proper people, Well that does not work .
I am no longer a member of OAHI/CAHPI because they did not and still do not answer complaints.
I have three complaints sent to the OAHI DPPC and no answers.
I know now why, they do not have a DPPC .
They had a very honest efficient DPPC committee that tried to stay arms length from the BOD as the Bylaws stated.
Unfortunately they have not been able to a proper replacement.
I highly recommend all Canadians read the CAHPI web site and see the much false information presented.
Bill stated CAHPI was paying for it and had put in $2,000,000:00.
Read the last sentence and sections (15),(17),(19), (36) and others.
Claude Lawrenson

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: clawrenson
Posted: Oct 28, 2005 1:26 PM       Post Subject:
If a person gives or gets such "trash", the best advice is to either notify the appropriate association or source, or law enforcement if it contains threats, or just ignore it (the best option). After all respectfully most people don't really believe everything that is posted. Responding will just escalate matters. Time and time again that has been proven right here.

IMHO. Remember, sticks and stones.... So now I choose to ignore it! It's really not my problem. So now I chose the latter. End of this discussion - thank you!

--

Raymond Wand

Raymond Wand Home Inspection Service
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: rwand1
Posted: Oct 28, 2005 1:44 PM       Post Subject:
Quote:
Despite the antics of those two morons Wand and Cooke, and a supporting cast of dim bulbs such as Larry Ewens,

Were those comments necessary? I don't think so.

Quote:
I have been trying to make it very clear that the Canadian Certification Program is going ahead and I want to include EVERYONE.

Gee that certainly doesn't seem to jive with the tone of the email. Nor does it jive with the other statement made not to long ago that NACHI would be irrelevent after the CAHPI Conference in Niagara Falls.

Quote:
CAHPI and I are not trying to exclude anyone. In fact, we want to include as many inspectors as we can in this project.

Maybe that would be more believable if NACHI has a letter on CAHPI letter head stating so.

Quote:
I will never stop promoting CAHPI and knocking NACHI until you and your group decide to work with us and raise your standards. I have tried in the past but it just didn't seem to work out.

Firstly no one asked Mr. Mullen to promote NACHI. Clearly he has his own alligance. He asks that NACHI raise its standards, yet clearly he has no standards in his ability to work with NACHI as he promises. Sorta a Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde complex.

Quote:
Unfortunately, you and Mr. Butchard do not understand out Canadian HI Industry. Actually, Mr. Butchard and Mr. Bowman are so far off base I have no willingness to even talk to them.

Oh thats good, contradict the tone of message. What is the message here? You only deal with Nick? I guess its okay for NACHI to now make the same request of Mr. Guihan? NACHI needs to talk to Mr. Guihan. If Mr. Guihan is not willing to talk to NACHI I guess there is no need for NACHI to do anything? Or is NACHI being included only to add legitimacy to CAHPI? Hmmmm?

Quote:
We can solve a lot of probems with a high level agreement.

The only high level agreement in my opinion will happen between Mr. Guihan on behalf of CAHPI and Mr. Gromiko on behalf of NACHI. That is the way I see things being played out.

Quote:
You control your people and I can make our side move as needed.

I would also ask that Mr. Guihan control his people too. Then we can all get along.

As to the other matters, the facts speak for themselves. My colleagues have been slandered by a person who supposedly speaks on behalf of CAHPI.

As to misuse of accreditation the facts speak for themselves.

The above are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent those of Nachi.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 7:45 AM       Post Subject:
Update ....

I have had it confirmed that Mr. Mullen is no longer a member of ASHI, and will be contacted by ASHI Compliance Section in this regard. Mr. Mullen has since removed the ASHI logo from his website.

I would also like to apologize for being correct!

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Roy Cooke

Roys Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 7:59 AM       Post Subject:
rwand1 wrote:
Update ....

I have had it confirmed that Mr. Mullen is no longer a member of ASHI, and will be contacted by ASHI Compliance Section in this regard. Mr. Mullen has since removed the ASHI logo from his website.

I would also like to apologize for being correct!

So strange Bill Mullen is the person who created such a big stink about a Student member
of OAHI who used the OAHI insignia on their web site .
Bill was on the Board of Directors when this happened , he of all people should know the proper protocol.
Apparently you can belong to OAHI but are not allowed to use the OAHI insignia till you become an RHI,
This takes up too 8 years to do .
Nothing like a closed door society.

I left OAHI and see other RHI's doing the same thing.

I guess they too do not like the way things are not run.

Join NACHI be HAPPY
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 8:38 AM       Post Subject:
Roy

As far as I can judge, not much good can be done without disturbing something or somebody. - Edward Blake, speech at Aurora, Ontario. Oct 3, 1874.

How fitting, eh? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Robert Francis

Shamrock Home Inspections, Inc.
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: rfrancis
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 9:43 AM       Post Subject:
Oh what a terrible web we weave when one practices to deceive.

Not exactly quoted but you get the idea.

--
Bob Francis
Shamrock Home Inspections Inc
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 11:10 AM       Post Subject:
Via NACHI private messaging system.

To: rwand1
Posted: Mon, Oct 31st, 9:41 AM
Subject: I would also like to apologize for being correct!

Subject - I would also like to apologize for being correct!

Actually, shouldn't you be apologizing for being a complete effing a-hole? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Roy Cooke

Roys Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 2:17 PM       Post Subject:
Looks like the truth really bothers Dave . 8 years and he still is not an RHI.

So glad he loves NACHI he keeps coming back to learn the truth.

So Strange I was sure he said he would never come back to the NACHI site.

I was also sure he said he would never be communicating with us again .

I guess he is Like Bill Mullen do as I say not as I do.
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 3:48 PM       Post Subject:
If this is the best CAHPI can offer, we have nothing to fear but stupidity itself. icon_lol.gif eusa_liar.gif

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Larry Ewens

All Certified Inspection Service Systems
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: lewens
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 5:36 PM       Post Subject:
effing a hole, lets see, I used to know what an effing a hole was. Wait it's coming to me now. Look up effing ahole in a dictionary and you see a picture of, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dave Bottoms

--
Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

Roy Cooke

Roys Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 6:11 PM       Post Subject:
lewens wrote:
effing a hole, lets see, I used to know what an effing a hole was. Wait it's coming to me now. Look up effing ahole in a dictionary and you see a picture of, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dave Bottoms

And the winner is Larry ! another great one
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Oct 31, 2005 6:17 PM       Post Subject:
Hi Larry,

You're to generous in your description, you flatter him. icon_lol.gif

Typical CAHPI; they know they have a problem but fail to do anything. The Invisible Man is still invisible! He is also a man of few words! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Don't worry Mr. Fontana is being kept abreast of the latest developments. Of that you can be assured.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Larry Willick

CBI Canadian Building Inspections, Ltd.
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: lwillick
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 1:32 PM       Post Subject:
Point of interest:

CMHC does not recognize NACHI, nor refer to NACHI in it's documentation regarding inspection associations. CAHPI has CMHC in their pocket.
Regards,
larry

PS: Keep up the good work Raymond
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 4:05 PM       Post Subject:
Hi Larry,

You are correct. However it does mention that anyone who does want to be Certified does not have to belong to CAHPI.

I can not see anywhere in the document where it states this is the final product, NOR anywhere in the document where any federal government department has granted authority to CAHPI!

In my opinion this whole scheme will not work because currently there are:
A) Not enough members in CAHPI/OAHI to make it work.
B) Associated costs to implement and administer.
C) This is not a final anything. There is no mention anywhere that I could see this is the final product. It is not the final product.
D) Getting other inspectors and Associations (NACHI) on board are critical in making this work.
E) Page 51 APENDIX B; PARTIAL LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES.
- just look at who is listed and who sits on the CAHPI BOD from Ontario.
F) Only 60 participants completed the survey. This is not statiscally representative of all members and their business activities or how they conduct their inspections.
G) The statement throughout the document pertaining to bodies that would welcome Certification Standards such as mortgage, bank, insurers, et al is misleading. If these bodies want a national standard then they should rely on their own appraisers, and inspectors, and not directly or indirectly tell us how to mowour turf!

In my opinion the best thing NACHI members could do is to stay away from this White Elephant. I am sure others will have their own opinions. There is no way this is going to affect my business!

I could go on but my highlighter ran out of ink!

There are many more questionable items in the document. icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the comment. Everybody Loves Raymond icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Larry Willick

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 6:30 PM       Post Subject:
True Raymond.
However CMHC by posting only CAHPI on their website information, inadvertently are advising realtors to only refer to CAHPI. This does affect your bottom line.
Regards
larry
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 7:15 PM       Post Subject:
Larry,

Are you saying CHIBO is restrictive to trade?

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Larry Willick

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 2, 2005 8:27 PM       Post Subject:
Raymond:
I am saying that CMHC does not mention or refer to NACHI members.
larry
Raymond Wand

(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 3, 2005 7:19 AM       Post Subject:
Larry

The CMHC site use to tell viewers to ensure inspectors had E&O. That was removed. The CMHC site also tells readers not to use part-time inspectors, or contractors to do inspections. That in itself is restrictive because I know many in OAHI who are part time inspectors. Everything from school teachers, firemen, renovators/contractors....

Personally my business is solely based on reputation and referral. I don't rely on CMHC for anything, and I won't be relying on CMHC for anything in the future. If CMHC is run like the Liberal party and CAHPI is run like the Liberal party, maybe Mr. Gomery should be consulted. icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif

Still don't see anything legally binding by way of legislation designating CAHPI as the hoop master. CHIBO has also not been ratified by any provincial associations to my knowledge.

I wonder how many have taken the time to print and read the CHIBO document? Not many I bet. Apathy is alive and well in Canada.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Go to page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next