Maryland

Originally Posted By: pcanter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello,

I am in Maryland, and it is my understanding that legislation is in place. It is just not being enforced? However, they will start enforcing it in 2006. It is also my understanding that NACHI is not one of the national oranizations recognized by the state? Anyone know the “rest of the story?”

Thanks

Phil

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Old proposal that didn’t go into effect. The State of Maryland ran out of money. There was never any requirement to join any private trade association. One of our NACHI members Linda Showalter of Building Specs, Inc. attends all the meetings and updates us on this message board when there is any news.

The only states in the country that require membership in any trade association are PA (which allows for ASHI, & NACHI. NAHI no longer qualifies as it is not run non-profit, NAHI is run by a for-profit company, Mallory Anderson does not work for NAHI) and Alabama which lists NACHI http://www.nachi.org/allicensing.htm but I understand that Alabama is considering dropping the membership in private trade association requirement altogether.

NACHI has been successful in arguing that state licensing should NOT require membership in private trade associations. NACHI doesn't want inspectors that HAVE to join us by law. Everyone here joins because they want to be a member.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: pcanter

Thanks