New LI Meeting being Planned

Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Last meeting 81 registrants- Great turnout

We will have date, time by tuesady

questions> Call Len or e-mail him at allaround@optonline.net

Originally Posted By: aslimack

I ordered mine a few days ago.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Behold what cometh in the mail. Smokin’ icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif

Next Meeting 11-15 at 6pm Dinner Meeting $ 30-

we have applications

and sample applications to show you how to fill it out

line-by- line

Questions? e-mail Len Ungar at allaround@optonline.net

web site: www.linachi.org
![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Bill,

For the 250 inspections documentation, are we supposed to copy the sheet for as many sheets / lines that are needed to fill the 250 inspections in? (Seems like an obvious answer, but would prefer to do it once)

Adam, A Plus

allaround@optonline.net -or- drmerrell@optonline.net

$ 30 dinner meeting
includes state application and a "how to" guide on filling it out!
Paradise Diner-Vets Hwy, Hauppauge, NY 11788
631-563-7720 for phone RSVP

Thanks- Look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!
![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: tvanwagner

I am an active inspector who may or may not qualify under the grandfathering provision of the new law, unless my combination of education and experience is acceptable (how I find out if this is so remains a mystery). Let me see if I understand what’s going on with NY state licensing up to this point. With 2 months to go until the deadline the state has not identified a qualifying exam, and there is no list of qualified schools acceptable to the state and the Home Inspection Council? If I have any of this wrong I would appreciate any new info. Also, does anyone know if there is a plan in place to issue temporary licensing waivers so that a person in my position will not be forced out of business while fulfilling the requirements? Also, does anyone know if the training required has to be classroom based, or will there be a home study option? Thank you all…

To date, the applications for schools will occur within 3-5 working days, and the schools will receive priority treatment regarding the approval process. I commented how we should have, as a group requested an extension, but they made clear there will be no waivers nor extensions.

If you have 100 inspections under your belt, and general liability insurance you can apply to the state and they will let you know when the test will occur. It is not designed as a walk-in but designed based upon the licensees that need to take the state exam.

If you do not possess a minimum of 100 inspections, you must attend the 140 hour program which the state will set forth for approval. To date they have not said they will accept home study courses, but they may. Presently there is nothing to facilitate the 4 required proctored exams which would allow for home study, but who knows. I know the 40 hours of supervised inspections can be done separately, but it still does not address the 100 hours of actual education.

I would call Albany, NYS, Dept. of State and ask them the question specifically. Call 518-474-4429 and ask for a supervisor in customer service and have the tell you what your options are. This way, once they made the determination, they cannot change from what they told you, and you will know what requirements are needed to continue in this field.

Much luck and success.

You need to send a fully paid binder with your application, or it will be return as rejected- Read the application very carefully- See you all on 11-15-06 at 6pm- Please sign up early so we know the head count! Steak, Fish, Chicken, Pasta, Salad and Dessert- As you can tell, I enjoy eating-

But I think the meeting is very important- Special thanks to Nick and Staff for sending out the fliers- I received mine today! If you have not received your application, I am bringing 60 with me and 500 extra experience forms for those in attendance at the meeting!

I have been advised that I can’t use the word Grandfathering Clause, since it was recently determined by NY State that the term to be used must state Grandparenting so it does not indicate male or female in the term itself- I wish to apologize for the error- I thought it was a joke, but the application clearly uses the word grandparenting, not grandfathering.

You all will see it at the meeting on 11-15-05 at 6pm at the Paradise Diner- Let us know you are coming
allaround@optonline.net or drmerrell@optonline.net

Thanks and sorry for using the wrong terms-

I hope this does not effect my status with the state!!! Ha Ha ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

We already have 25 people who have reserved spots for the NACHI Chapter Meeting- We can hold up to 75 registrants for Dinner- So, please sign up early to guarantee a spot.

We will also have information on General Liability Insurance at the meeting, which must be presented with your application for membership

We will also have a discussion of NACHI discounted E and O insurance with a General Liability provision included in same for NACHI members as a rider-

Please e-mail Len at allaround@optonline.net to tell us you are coming-
If you want to pay with a credit card, call the office at 631-563-7720 and we will process your VISA or MasterCard before the meeting. We cannot process credit cards at the meeting due to the volume of members we expect.

Probably one of the most important meetings of the year. Plan to attend!

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

we will also address approved education, and a complaint which had to be filed due to the fact that a fellow NACHI members is unhappy that courses must be approved by the Dept. of State, not the Dept. of Education-

This has been the fact since 1969, when Ben Goldberg of the Goldberg School of Real Estate researched and started his school. He set the standard by which other courses which NYS, Dept. of State approves.

I cannot comment as to the investigation on the complaint filed, only on the facts as they exist! Only NYS, Dept. of State can approved courses for inspectors in NY State for Licensing credit. PERIOD!