Ohio State Home Inspection Licensing, NACHI-Friendly.

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

gromicko wrote:
Mentoring is the dumbest thing anyone ever came up with. Our studies have shown that the older, veteran inspectors are the worst at following SOP and the newer inspectors follow it punctiliously. The newer inspectors should be mentoring the older ones if SOP adherance is the issue.

Insurance studies have shown that the most amount of claims happen within the first year and after the 4th year in business. The inverted bell curve. Mentoring has to be the number scam in the business. PHIC is the perfect example of how bad it can get. New Jersey a very close second. I just got off the phone today with a US Inspect company. They were training an associate for the past six months. The inspector went out on his own and tried to take Realtors with him. The ride-a-long is bad for everyone. Harvey and I have taken several Chapter members under our wing. We pretty much agree that we can tell how successful one will be very quickly. Confidence is the biggest obstacle. Get your education, a business plan, and some patience. You will be successful if you do it right. Get your 250 inspections and you get to use a logo and then forget where you came from. Then use all your efforts to denounce the same org that gave you a start in the business. But then again, I can only speak for those that have spoken. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member