New York Licensing .. based on todays NACHI Mtg in Albany

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only.  Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

New York Licensing .. based on todays NACHI Mtg in Albany

AuthorMessage
Justo Mickey Rivera

Shield Home Inspections
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jrivera
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 7:06 PM       Post Subject:
Tag you're it !!!

No, tag you're it !!!!!!

Oh darn, he got me again, tag you're it!!!!

QUICK RUN...... oh man he got me, tag....

I got you, did not, did to, did not, did to, did not, did to.....

Sheesh

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
John Bowman
Executive Director
NACHI Member: Staff
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 8:14 PM       Post Subject:
Justo,

Are you all right?
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: rpaul
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 9:26 PM       Post Subject:
John,

I was asking Joe if being 7 inspections short, do I have a chance with the education deal without going through a Home Inspection School. I did take the test online but I am still 7 inspections short. I know I still have a month to do it all in. This is not going to be a problem I was just asking his opinion.
I thought I was there with the inspects but as it goes for me a day late and a dollar short.

Rick
Roy Cooke

Roys Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: rcooke
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 9:38 PM       Post Subject:
rpaul wrote:
John,

I was asking Joe if being 7 inspections short, do I have a chance with the education deal without going through a Home Inspection School. I did take the test online but I am still 7 inspections short. I know I still have a month to do it all in. This is not going to be a problem I was just asking his opinion.
I thought I was there with the inspects but as it goes for me a day late and a dollar short.

Rick

Rick phone up seven of your friends and offer to tell them how to save money .
Give them a free inspection and WALA you have it made .
You also have seven friends who will tell every body how to save money with the information that is given at a home inspection.
Good Luck ..........Roy Sr
Bill Merrell

Merrell Institute-NYS Instructor
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: bmerrell
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 10:37 PM       Post Subject:
In NY State it is 250 Inspections over the past 36 months and the exam is waived
+or+
100 Inspections in the last 24 months plus passing an exam......
And the NACHI exam for members is acceptable

Send the state 100 inspections within the past 24 months and send them your passing NACHI exam THIS YEAR (Only accepted up to 12-31-05) and you are in! Period!

If you have 100 inspectiosn in the past 24 months and passed the NACHI exam which is a requirement of membership, that is all you need plus the cgl insurance. (that is general liability insurance for professionals- some refer to it as professional liability, but it is not e and o insurance as other state have mandated!)

Good luck- from what you have submitted, you seem to have the required items to file and become licensed in NY State.

If you have any questions, call our school at 631-563-7720 and we will explain how to fill out the application.

Much luck and success!

Bill Merrell-Fellow NACHI member
Joe Farsetta

Advanced Professional Services Group, Inc.
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jfarsetta
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 11:39 PM       Post Subject:
Bill is on the money with this one.

More than 100 inspections, and have passed the NACHI exam? You're in.
ahalstead
NACHI Member: No
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Nov 29, 2005 3:09 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
I have sent my letters to the assembly persons and will be making phone calls soon. Anyone hear anything from anyone regarding a possible extension ??
Justo Mickey Rivera

Shield Home Inspections
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jrivera
Posted: Nov 29, 2005 4:31 PM       Post Subject:
bmerrell wrote:
https://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=15252

I posted the law months ago. No senate sponsors- You can read it from months ago in Education- To date the law will go forward. No chance of an injunction since it would require a federal injunction since this has been signed by the Governor and passed by both the senate and assembly in NY State.

I agree it should have been phased in. I wish it was acted upon months ago before the session was ending.

Well, I think that's it in a nutshell icon_question.gif icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
Joe Farsetta

Advanced Professional Services Group, Inc.
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jfarsetta
Posted: Nov 30, 2005 7:32 AM       Post Subject:
The date is January 1st.
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Nov 30, 2005 4:33 PM       Post Subject:
Isn't this like the American way. We have all heard about this law being in the works for a couple of years. We all had a chance to either stick our heads in the sand and hope it will all pass. Or we all could of contacted our senators. Guess what most people waited. Now they want a second chance.
How many of us know how the political way is here. This voted on when the politician were on vacation. When the politicians are not present, they are counted as a "Yeah"! This is when this law was voted on.
If you are really interested in this, do some research on it. Especially the timing of it being voted on. Ask your own senators if they even know about this bill? You will be surprised at thier answers. It will be political but try and get a straight answer on it. If they knew about it before it was past.
We as Home Inspectors basically have to suck it up and past in all the paperwork. The foundation has already been laid out. Thank you to all of the people Joe, Dan, John and Nick. Everyone who has been working hard to smooth the way and make it possible for us with NACHI to have the paths open for us. Good Job! eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Rick
Bill Smith

Smith Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: bsmith
Posted: Dec 1, 2005 8:49 AM       Post Subject:
J Farsetta wrote:

Quote:
More than 100 inspections, and have passed the NACHI exam? You're in.

Don't for get the required GL insurance. $150,000 per occurence and $500,000 aggregate.
Fred Duemig

Division Home Inspections, Inc.
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: fduemig
Posted: Dec 1, 2005 10:21 AM       Post Subject:
bsmith wrote:

Don't for get the required GL insurance. $150,000 per occurence and $500,000 aggregate.

Your right Bill, and that is the only hurdle I have left. I am having a very tough time finding someone to write it. icon_mad.gif

Fred
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Dec 2, 2005 10:45 PM       Post Subject:
Well, I am stepping out of the Box. I gathered all my information and sent it all in. Now, I have to do the waiting game. I sent it 2 day mail with confirmation tag. I tried to call the state offices to see which way was the best way to sent in all the paperwork. What a joke. They put you on hold all day and never answer. The great state of NY. Really professionals. If I handled phone calls like the state does, I would have no business.
I guess because they are the state they can do this. We pay our taxes to be put on hold.
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the State to know if we get the license.

Rick
Dan Osborn

Upstate Home Inspection Service
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: dosborn
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 6:29 PM       Post Subject:
Rick,

I have the name of the manager of the processing department and his phone number. He told me they will expedite the licenses and expects the turn around in 10 days...... He also told me, if you do not have it back by the week of the 27th that we can call him and get the verbal # even though you have not received your paper work yet.... he assures me the number on your report is all we need at this time. Please contact me by email and I will give you his name and phone number....... They also do not want you to lose business because of paper work, so he will help us.

If you were on hold for as long as you describe, I can assure you that the error was yours and not theirs. I have been talking to these people for 7 months and have never been on hold for more than 2 minutes, and thats because I was waiting for one particular person.

Dan Osborn
dosborn@upstateinspection.com
Bill Merrell

Merrell Institute-NYS Instructor
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: bmerrell
Posted: Dec 3, 2005 7:39 PM       Post Subject:
The phone # can be a long time on hold. Some of my students have been on hold for up to 40 minutes. the way around it during the day is as follows:
518-474-4429, once you hear the voice mail, press the number 1. Wait 5 seconds then press the number 5. You will get through quicker- 1-5 minutes is the average.
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Dec 4, 2005 1:32 PM       Post Subject:
Dan & Bill,

I did the state 518 number on the top of the page. Then I did the #1 then listened to all the phases then pressed #7 for a customer Representive. As I stated, I sent my paperwork in Friday in the 2 day mail with delivery confirmation and attention Licensing Department.
As I said, I was on hold for a very looonnng time and I did it for 2 days and differant times. Guess what? I just figured I would send it in and wait.

Rick
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Dec 5, 2005 4:43 PM       Post Subject:
Dan & Bill,

I just wanted to let you all know I finally got to talk to a live person in the Office in Albany. The young lady told me that the applications are coming in slow. Mine was delivered today, so I should know within the next week or so she said. The one number is for the educational Department that is who is viewing the applications and approving them, then sending them onto the next step. I will be glad when this is over.

Rick
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Dec 8, 2005 5:18 PM       Post Subject:
Bill & Dan,

Just wanted to let you know, I just got a phone call from the state. All the information I sent in has been accepted and should have a letter in two weeks. Thanks for all the contact information.

Rick
Dennis Melandro

MELANDRO HOME INSPECTIONS
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: dmelandro
Posted: Dec 27, 2005 7:40 PM       Post Subject:
How long did it take after you sent your application in before you get a lic[/b]
Rickey Paul

REP Home Inspection
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
Posted: Dec 27, 2005 8:41 PM       Post Subject:
Dennis,

It all depends on if you have anything pending. I got mine in 4-5 weeks. This is the amount of time I was told in the beginning.

Rick
Go to page: Previous 1 2 Next