metal door Adhesives

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only. Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

metal door Adhesives

AuthorMessage
Rafael
NACHI Member: No
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Nov 26, 2005 8:41 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
hi all
Can anyone give me a suggestion on what type of adhesive i can
use . My shower door handle is aluminum or metal and it was somehow glued to the shower glass door . Any suggestions would be helpful.
Patrick Sisler

Alta Sierra Home Inspections
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: psisler
Posted: Nov 26, 2005 8:54 PM       Post Subject:
Contact the manufacturer for the steps of procedure to reattach the handle.

Patrick
Andrew Way

Keystone Residential Inspection Services PLLC
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: away
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 7:54 AM       Post Subject:
Rafael,

Maybe the glue used to hold rearview mirrors on windshields. Most auto stores stock it.
Rafael
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 1:04 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
thanks guys
James D Mosier
(as of 3/25/07)
Active Poster
Posted: Nov 27, 2005 1:15 PM       Post Subject:

Clear silicone sealer.

I used it to reattach my rear view mirror after the correct stuff failed twice. After the car was totaled, I saved the windshield since it wasn't broken. About 6 months later a buddy needed the glue on "puck" for his car so I grabbed the mirror and yanked it off. I got the mirror, the "puck", the sealer and a thin layer of the windshield I had been saving.
Jay Moge
(as of 3/25/07)
Very Active Poster
Posted: Nov 28, 2005 5:46 PM       Post Subject:

this may sound odd, but it works. go the the auto part store and buy some "rear view mirror" glue. it comes in a tube and is a 2 part liquid/gel epoxy made for gluing the metal pad of a rear view mirror (your handle) to a windshield (your shower glass door). use some painters/masking tape to hold it up over night and you should be all set. good luck. I know it's been said and i used to work in the buiz so i can tell you, if you get the 2 part epoxy type (usuasly about $2 more) it will not fail. icon_cool.gif icon_wink.gif
Rafael
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Nov 28, 2005 11:02 PM       Post Subject:

Jay Moge thanks, that was a great idea and its holding well. James i
also thank you . i will try your idea if this fails. Greatly appreciated guys.