Carson & Dunlop or Inspection Depot Illistrated home CD

Originally Posted By: dmacy
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If you where to choose from the 2 which one would you buy and why?

Dave

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Without a FREAKIN DOUBT… Inspection Depot!

Inspection Depot is much better, in color, and current (no outdated codes).

And best of all... Inspection Depot doesn't take their own customers to court for using their products like their ads depict.

Originally Posted By: dmacy

As soon as I buy the inspection depot CD there will be an index at NACHI.

I called the Carson Dunlop to inquire about purchasing the CD seperatley because I already have the illistarated home reference book and no one has returned my email or call.

Russell Ray seems to think the Illistrated home CD is a must from his thread in the message forum.

Nachi is great for free stuff but for christmas I would like to see the inspection depot, preston guide & code check reference books be available to nachi members. This may increase membership.

Thanks for your response

Dave

Originally Posted By: joetedesco

Inspection Depot CD is what I use. The electrical module has a few minor errors of artwork in the images, but is prepared very well.

Carson Dunlap CD for electrical only uses real pictures.

I used them both during a recent class and the end was very pleasant, evaluations were over 4.5 on a 5.0 scale.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Tedesco, Massachusetts
Home Inspector Provider
www.joetedesco.org
necmeister@gmail.com

www.nachi.org/tedesco.htm
www.nachi.org/tedesco2.htm
www.nachi.org/illinoislicense.htm
www.nachi.org/jtarticles.htm

Originally Posted By: Dennis J Kerr

Not to change the subject between companies, but I’m wondering how you feel about Inspection Depot software and HomeGauge? I’m just starting out and am working with both. Pointing more towards HomeGauge. Your thoughts…

Originally Posted By: rlind

I have been very satisfied with HomeGauge myself…

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

I understand NACHI’s history with Carson Dunlop but on a straight product to product basis I would go with Carson Dunlop. The color of Inspection depots doesn’t do much for me. If you are going to print them out you might even consider printing them in grey scale to conserve color ink. I also find looking through the tip the day that many slide are far too simplistic even homeoewners.

Just my opinion