Software

Originally Posted By: mtrinkley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am testing two seperate report writing software. Inspector FX vs. HomeGauge. Anyone else that has done this compare/contrast of the software companies, their usage, shortcomings, frustrations.etc…

Any input would be appreciated [/b]

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

After trying many demos, creating my own report, using HomeTeam’s software while an owner of one of their franchises, using written formats purchased through Pro. Equipment, and others I can’t recall, I settled on HomeGauge earlier this year.

I have never been happier with home inspection software!

Originally Posted By: dduffy

Never tried FX, but HomeGauge is by far the best in my opinion comparing to other demo’s I have tried.

Dale

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Try them all, since there are a few of them out there and see what you think

Originally Posted By: hspinnler

I like HomeGauge because the software is written in HTML. Reports are uploaded to a secure server using the HomeGauge Gold Service. Clients can access the report anytime without a big file download. Archived reports give you a backup and allow you to retrieve a report even if your computer crashes. Both agents and clients love the report format. You can send the Summary section only to the agent.

The other benefit for you is that you are in NC and so are they. They offer free one day training as well as extended training sessions. Call Nancy, Ron, Wayne, Evelyn, Sean or talk directly with the President Russell Buchanon. They are very helpful with Tech Support.

Originally Posted By: twheeler

I have been using Homegauge for three years now, and have trained three inspectors in how to use it, and I have to say, it is by far, the Best.

Originally Posted By: gporter

I use Hippo

Originally Posted By: rdawes

I use Homegauge. If you work far away from Dallas/Ft. Worth, I strongly recommend Homegauge. If you work in the DFW area, then you should use Crayons on a Big Chief Tablet for sure. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ron Dawes - MAB Member

ron@performance-inspections.com