FHA Approved or Certified?

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only. Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

FHA Approved or Certified?

AuthorMessage
Walt Hoffman
NACHI Member: No
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 11:39 AM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
I have had several clients ask if I am FHA Certified (or approved). Does anyone know if FHA does approve inspectors and what is involved in doing so? Thanks for any feedback-
Walt Hoffman
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 12:07 PM       Post Subject:

Please Note: This user is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with NACHI.
I apologize, I meant to post this question under the subject of "general inspection"
Walt Hoffman
(as of 3/25/07)
Inactive Poster
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 12:07 PM       Post Subject:

I apologize, I meant to post this question under the subject of "general inspection"
Peter Foxe Smothers

Pelican State Inspection, L.L.C.
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: psmothers
Posted: Dec 6, 2005 2:43 PM       Post Subject:
Here in Louisiana if you are getting a 100% backed loan you need to be on the approved list. If the loan is not 100% back you do not have to be on the list. To get "on the list" you have to have 3 years inspecting under you belt.
Joseph Smith.

Treasure Valley Maintenance & Inspections LLC
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: jsmith10
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 3:02 AM       Post Subject:
Along the lines of the FHA certification. Is there a specific web site to check out the requirements? I've been getting asked more and more also if I perform FHA inspections. I know some of my inspections have been and approved for FHA loans, but is there a FHA requirement posted anywhere that nyone knows of?
David Valley

Certified Massachusetts Home Inspections
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: dvalley
Posted: Dec 7, 2005 8:56 AM       Post Subject:

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com