How to Register as a NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This process has been simplified tenfold, and I just now realized that my old thread is outdated.

To show up as a NACHI member, simply use your members-only username and password. Your NACHI username is your first initial and last name (followed by a number if your last name is common).

Please note: In any posts made before you became a member you will still show up as a non-member.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://bbIY3yushz0FTth9vjhvRTYNpFu.html)

Originally Posted By: Douglas Plummer

Hi Chris! I presently log on under my own name (Douglas Plummer) with my own password. I do not show up as a NACHI member. I checked the members list & I’m shown as dplummer. When I log on under dplummer with the assigned NACHI password I’m told my name or password is incorrect. I’ve tried changing my profile from Douglas Plummer to dplummer but am told it’s already assigned. I’m stumped. DOUG

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Doug,

I believe you're logging in with an incorrect password. I just looked up your information and everything seems right. We also don't have an e-mail address on file for you, so I can't e-mail you your password. Do you have an e-mail address that I can send it to?

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: Douglas Plummer

Hi Chris! Happy to give you my e-mail address again. adion@csolve.net

Thanks for all your help. Douglas Plummer (dplummer)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I added Doug’s email address to the system and sent password.

Nick

Originally Posted By: R. Scott Anderson

Please correct my member profile. As you know, I am a member, but when I enter it and my password it still shows me as a non-member.

Originally Posted By: bill krautter

I am also showing up as a non member

Both of you need to log in with your members-only username and password, not the username and password you set up for the message board. When you join, an account is created for you to use.

If you've forgotten your members-only username and password, let me know.

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: bill krautter

That is the only user name and password I am using,the one sent to me!

Originally Posted By: ddalgleish

I apologize if this was covered in earlier registration e-mails but they were lost when my computer was recently stolen.

The member name and password mailed to me for the 'members only' section doesn't work for the message baord. The long version of my name and password works except I show up as 'No' under Nachi member. That is wrong. How do I fix this.

DOUG

--
Doug Dalgleish
Olde Towne Property Inspections

Originally Posted By: psissler

I know we have hashed this out but every time I log in I am shown as a non-member. Does it matter? if not, thanks you. New Guy.

Patrick M. Sisler

Originally Posted By: psissler

Hi Chris,

My name shows up as a non-member as well. i log in with the P/W and username given and I still have to log in at the old username that was incorrect. Any ideas? Thank you>

Patrick M. Sisler
Alta Sierra Home Inspections
altasierrahi@lycos.com

P.S. Only reason I ask is I lost a job when the customer thought I was pulling their leg. Life goes on. Take care.

Patrick,

I'm not sure how, but your username got an extra S in it somewhere. I've sent you info on how to log in with the correct username. Let me know if you don't get it.

--
Chris Morrell

Originally Posted By: psisler

test

Originally Posted By: Hector Rivera

test

Originally Posted By: rwand

Hi Chris,

I to seem to be having problem with Nachi member status. Any solutions?

Thank you.

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: jkiesecker

I don’t show as a member either icon_rolleyes.gif

“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it”

Originally Posted By: rpinnell

i need to show up as a memeber to

Originally Posted By: pfernandez

I read all of the messages from the members of NACHI as well as the replies from the NACHI officers concerning my website, i.e. c4u Home Inspections and the kit that was offered to the general public. It was not my intention to undercut any certified inspector when I originated the concept. I have been in the construction industry as a licensed general contractor for more than 20 years and know that the general public is not able to discern what to look for or who to hire to look for any defects in their home when it comes to safety issues. The few who do have some skills in what to look for can save themselves a lot of money and time by my do-it-yourself kit. As one of the members even stated, anyone can purchase any of the books about home inspection and code at any bookstore or on-line and do the same thing as what I am offering. By my display of NACHI as a resource, I am not only showing my credibility as a member of an organization of certified inspectors, I am also showing NACHI as a viable source to go to for a qualified home inspector. I take offense at the posting of my personal information and the inference that someone would intentionally violate my privacy and throw daggers at my honesty and integrity. If that is the basic premise of the members and NACHI to slander and threaten an individual for having a different idea, then it seems to me that the entire industry needs to do a reality check. I have not been a member or a certified inspector nearly as long as those members who chose to attack me so, how could I be such a threat to the organization and/or their members? I have invested a lot of time and money too. I take business and associations very seriously. However, now that I know what business I have gotten into, I regret that I did not research it further.

C4U Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Kind of funny how a few people slam you without knowing the facts and then are no where to be found. That’s one problem about this computer, people like to hide behind it and act in control. I actually liked the marketing tool, and see the value in it. On one hand you offer the kit at a comparable price to the medium home inspection. Most people if not all would say “I might as well hire a professional.” If not they get the info they should. I commend you for thinking out of the box. There is a little, and I mean little, clan that tries and runs things from this website. They pile on and become great stand up comedian’s. So good luck on your marketing of home inspection, and don’t let the uninformed, gang up on you.

NACHI MAB!