Free home inspection business MAKEOVER. Paid for by NACHI.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

NACHI is offering a home inspection business Makeover.

You'll get free training to sharpen your skills and add new services, all tuition paid for, free set of home inspection tools and equipment, free signs, all new brochures, business cards, and flyers, free answering service, free accounting service, free legal assistance, help with marketing, free ads, shirts, a new professionally designed logo, free sales help, free truck signs, free mailings to sellers and real estate agents, a new custom website, new reporting software, free continuing education, free assistance during the inspection, new laptop, new printer, free coaching.

All paid for by NACHI.

We need a volunteer: A NACHI member who is struggling, not getting much work. Or a NACHI member who is churning dollars... working but not making much profit. Preferably a member who faces stiff non-NACHI member competition in his/her market. Not a newbie trying to go into the business though. I'd prefer a working inspector who is struggling.

Must be willing to allow us to document and post everything here. We want to show what we did and how it worked in great detail for others to enjoy and benefit from.

We are in negotiations with USA TODAY to cover this story from beginning to end, so if you are a very private person, its probably not for you. Long haired freaky people need not apply ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) .

Interested participants requested. All expenses paid. Email me at nick.gromicko@nachi.org to discuss.

Nick

Originally Posted By: kpapp

Wish it could be me Nick but I am a newbie and have to go back to driving truck full time to pay for everything then start this whole thing all over again…I would recommend one of our neighbors to the snow bound north. Canada seems to be having the most problems with accepting NACHI…I think this would help them out a ton up there. Well that is my opinion anyhow!!!

Good luck to whom ever is going to take Nick up on this awesome offer!!

Ken

--

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Yeah…I guess us “newbies” don’t stand a chance

these days. Seems to me I might actually know something

the "experienced" guys don't. That would be bad!!!!! ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif) ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

Originally Posted By: mrose

Nick,

What an incredible idea and extremely generous.

I am sure your will have many too choose from.

Best regards,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

A Makeover is really for an existing inspector. Maybe we could do a newbie Jumpstart one as well. Then we could delineate the steps in detail here. Discuss what worked and what didn’t etc. Could be fun. Thoughts?

Nick

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

If liposuction is part of the deal, count me in!

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Hey Nick how about a guy that has been doing this for about 2 to years

but having to do it part time. What about somebody like that for this project that you planned

Ken ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Nick, If you are intrested in doing a newbie let me know. For the help during the study we would be willing to donate a part of every insp to the NACHI foundation…It will help me and the foundation…

Ken

--

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Nick sounds like an interesting idea… Let me know if you need any help.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: wwarner

WOW!

That's about all I can say!

Wow!

I'm looking forward to watching this develop!

Bill

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

This will be like a business plan, actually executed for all to observe. It should be an exersise helpful to many inspectors.

I'd like one of our reporting software companies to sponsor this by donating 2 full versions for this project. I'll need support for them too.

Nick

Originally Posted By: slanicek

gromicko wrote:
Long haired freaky people need not apply ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) .

Nick

Nick,

Seeing as how it's USA Today I'd suggest you embrace the cloven-hoofed long haired freaky people. Make sure they are also sporting some Jesus-joggers and you're in. Also wouldn't hurt if they have recently been waiting in line outside of San Frans courthouse if you know what I mean.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Originally Posted By: awong

Quote:
Oophs! Long haired freaky people need not apply ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Nick, can I still keep my shoulder length pony tail? I'm having this for 20 years.

--
Andy Wong
Singapore Chapter
www.singapore.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
Long haired freaky people need not apply

Sign, sign everywhere a sign, blockin up the scenery breakin my mind.....

Originally Posted By: rfrancis

Nick

I'll bet you can't do it up here in CANADA. Up against the Old Boys Club up here. I am ready willing and able but still trying. Lets get NACHI front and centre

--
Bob Francis
Shamrock Home Inspections Inc
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Are you drinking again or taking singing lessons?

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Like I said in my first post Nick, Canada is slowly comming around but this would be a big boost not only for NACHI but for Canadian inspectors. Might even help with the international tension on the E&O insurance thing in some way…Might be worth doing some more research on…maybe working some kind of media deal with the papers up there…Just trying to help out our neighbors to the north…

Ok I am done for now
Ken

--

Originally Posted By: rcarter

this could be some of the help some of us need to get started. I guess I’m not the only one feeling the squeeze from the old guys that have got the agents wrapped around their ???. well whatever good luck to the one that gets picked.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

A point to ponder - St. Louis Missouri has 2 Past National ASHI Presidents and the incoming President-Elect of ASHI for 2005. They also have the Chairman of the NHIE Exam in St. Louis. The St. Louis Board of Realtors for the past 20 years have published and given out a Brochure for Consumers telling them to use an ASHI Inspector. Its rumored that down in St. Louis if you’re not ASHI, a HI don’t hardly work.

It seems like St. Louis would be a REALLY GREAT place to do an Inspector Makeover as described in this post, to really show what NACHI can do.

Originally Posted By: lwilliams

Hey Nick,

What is your timeline on this project? Start? runtime and completion?