Tools/Equipment for a new inspector

These message board pages are now for archival purposes only. Please visit https://www.nachi.org/forum/ for our most recent forum discussions.

Tools/Equipment for a new inspector

AuthorMessage
David Keough

DEA Home Inspection Team, Inc.
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: dkeough
Posted: Mar 15, 2004 12:06 AM       Post Subject:
I also have a metal probe to poke at the facia in areas that appear to be rotted. It helps to have it a little long so you don't have to keep moving the ladder around as you walk the property. Its also good to keep the dogs at bay with a little poke.
Robert OConnor

Eagle Engineering & Inspections
NACHI Member: Yes
(as of 3/25/07)
NACHI Member
User: roconnor
Posted: Mar 15, 2004 12:36 AM       Post Subject:
dkeough wrote:
I also have a metal probe to poke at the facia in areas that appear to be rotted.

If ya buy a good multi-tool it will have the probe, and you can keep it on your belt so that and other things like pliers, drivers, etc. are right there when ya need them (especially if ya need to do a field amputation) ... icon_wink.gif

P.S. Gerry ... my M&M "A" team doesn't need a $250 SureTest since they have a $20 SureWire which does everything you really need except check for a bootleg ground, and they have indeed been adequately trained to realize that a 3-prong outlet on a 2-wire system is a mind flag to check ... icon_wink.gif

It does take a big man to admit the limitations of his abilities to perform an inspection without specialized testing equipment, and I bow with hat in hand to ya there ... (Double Duck ... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif )

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Go to page: Previous 1 2 Next